Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reunion Thoughts






    A pic from Wise County Virginia which always shows up in a Wise county search





  • We went to the WC Reunion last night after nearly passing. I'm glad we went.






  • Carnies still fascinate me.






  • The company providing the rides still gives goldfish as prizes for the ping pong ball toss.






  • An incredible amount of dust still gets kicked up around that place. They should cover everything with shredded tree mulch.




  • See how smart I am? Problem. Solved.






  • The music was by Ryan Ready.






  • The shoot out the star BB machineguns are still based on the model 1928 Thompson. I would have guessed they would have updated to an M4/M16 type- and in fact, the overwrought airbrushed pic on the side of the trailer had a Rambo looking guy blazing away with an M16.






  • I would never eat from a place like that.






  • I mentioned last year seeing an old friend who the last I knew prior to that night was involved in some multiple department stand off. To be clear- he was doing the standing off. He was talking to himself last night and looked tired, but he's alive and soon to be retired from an OK job he had since high school. I was questioned regarding referring to him as a friend. We aren't the friends we were years ago, but yes I still call him a friend and would do anything in my power I could to help him and I wouldn't care who knows I've considered him a friend in spite of his troubles. What happened to him was not purely his fault nor mine and he's not done a thing in this world to hurt me- why would I not call him a friend?




No comments: