Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts


    But You Said It Was Cold



  • Overheard at the pool 06/26/2016: Yeah, now I got a criminal trespass charge against me- for going into my own place!
  • Something tells me it was no longer his place, he knew it and alcohol was involved.
  • 11/30/2015 @2338 The espresso and tiramisu at 9 o'clock after Handel's Messiah sounded like a good idea at the time- what was I thinking? I am wired for sound.
  • At work we enroll people for various medical studies. A patient once said, Why you only picking white people? Probably 2 times the number of blacks were approached over white and most declined. The white person referenced by the other patient approached by the study staff was the first I saw them speak to that day and she actually declined. Of the 6 people enrolled that day- 5 were black and 1 Mexican.
  • People see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. It was comforting to him to believe he was where he was in life on that day because every single encounter is rigged against him- not because he was a screw up.
  • Refugees who have been in the country a month or two know enough about how things work here to scream racism when they don't get their way. It works.
  • An office buddy showed off her her artwork painted on her toe. Her big toe was painted red and had a black stripe across it with a silver square in the middle. It took a minute to process- it was Santa's belt and buckle.
  • At Handel's Messiah and elderly choral singer fell and booped his head as the choir filed out and he wasn't able to perform. This was the first thing I thought of.
  • In the foyer to the auditorium there are pics of performers from previous seasons. In one I noticed a kid right away who had been in my Sunday school class when he was little. He looked like a grown up version of himself- I knew who it was right away even though it may have been 15 years since I last saw him and he was a little bitty kid.

No comments: