Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts






  • I do not understand religious people- who call themselves Christians going on about,"The Jews are Gods chosen people."- I'd be Googling conversion to Judaism if I believed that.


  • With a quickness and would not take no for an answer.



  • An old best friend met Patrick Swayze at a horse show and anothers sister went to school with Swayzes sister and took dance at their moms studio in Houston.



  • "Due to the ability to make connections and friendships over greater distances (with easier travel, telephones, and later, the internet) it is hypothesized that everyone on the planet can be connected through no more than six "degrees of separation". For example, say I wanted to connect myself with the Queen of England. The first step would be for me to find a friend who was from England or had ties with people there. Then I would connect one of there friends to someone else until I had someone who knows the Queen. This should take no more than 6 of these "friend to friend" connections. ME--> Friend #1--> Friend #2--> Friend #3--> Friend #4--> Friend #5--> Queen So, although I don't know the Queen, or probably anyone after "Friend #1" I can be connected to her through acquaintances no more than 5 times removed. wiki answers



  • More here at Wikipedia.



  • Wikipedia has come a long way- although I still take everything from there with a grain of salt.



  • Camping: hard, dirty work then we sleep in conditions that would make a homeless shelter seem an elaborate palace all the while eating bad food that is a chore to prepare.



  • Then we come home and feel great.



  • I had a telescope and star chart when I was a kid and used the telescope often- especially to view the moon. It seems odd to me now- I have no idea to where or when it disappeared from my life.






















































No comments: