|This building in Poolville has always intrigued me because of it's old fashioned look.|
- The Gros michel strain of banana was the West's banana of choice until a disease process severely threatened it and the cultivar we eat now- the Cavendish was ramped up to replace it. Supposedly Gros Michel has a much superior flavor which is still evidenced by older varieties of banana flavored candies which were based on Gros Michel. They are very sweet and way more banana-ie flavored.
Pecan trees across Lost Creek from the hospital at Fort Richardson
Mesquites were there at the time the post was active but nothing like now.
- Yesterday (12/15/2014) there was an 80's model Bronco up on the concrete divider on 20 on the way to work.
- I hardly ever say commute- it seems slightly pretentious and I don't know why.
- The Cocoanut Grove fire was the worst night club disaster in US history. As with plenty of other tragedies some good came out of the situation- the way burn victims are triaged and treated and multiple fire code changes. One of the stand out stories was of Coastie Clifford Johnson who went back in at least 4 times to try and find his date. He was burned over 55% of his body making him the most extensively burned person to survive to that date. He married one of his nurses after recovering. To be filed under are you %$#^&;* kidding me universe ?! He would burn to death 14 years later in a car wreck.
- Really universe- I mean come on.
Secret to my success
- That is Naproxen up there in case you're wondering.
- After telling a one time patient he was HIV postive he said as he teared up, Can I use your restroom? I don't want my ride to see my like this. He stepped into the staff restroom and broke down. You could hear his heart break.
- I misspelled break up there by writing brake first and it took way too long to catch the error.
- New York after solving all it's other problems has banned pet tattoos.
So I'm driving down the road in the middle of nowhere after leaving Black Creek Lake and I see this pooch. I stop and open the door and say, Whats up? He jumps in like we're best buddies and he has been wondering what took me so long.
I drive to the nearest house to see if that was where he belonged. He said, Adios. I'm outta here! and jumped out and started sniffing butts and licking private parts with his buddies.