Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday's Missives

Is this a gyrocopter? There are a couple of these, a few home built planes and a couple of paraplanes in my area. I even see them flying more/less the same route. I don't know if there is a club, a lone rich guy, a particularly nice/forgiving route or what but it intrigues me. This contaption makes me think of the term, wirlybird.

  • Terrible twos? Wait until your unusually strong two year old who also happens to have an unusually accurate throwing arm shouts, NO! at you and bounces a sippy cup off your head from one end of the car to the other.
  • When his big brother was asked when he was three what he wanted for dinner he would invariably say, Steak, broccoli cheese and beans please.
    Random razor blade in Sunshine Lake park being random looking like it was up to no good.
  • Saw a Peanuts special advertised on Joost titled, Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown.
  • Keep enough hope alive for both of us buddy.
  • When the baby woke up this morning he laid back down with me- didn't go back to sleep just talked to me, told me he was cold and pulled the covers up, showed me his head, identified his ears and hair, shook his cup when he emptied it, handed it to me to put on the nightstand, sighed real big and just rested there with me until we had to get up- heaven.
  • My neighbors painted their front door I'm pretty sure 3 times in about as many months.
  • My oldest son pronounced motorcycle  motor spiker,  my daughter,  mo cycle, my nephew motor kickle  and my baby son,  so so sickle.
  • Wow- old draft. Baby?! Zac is 6 years old now.
    Do whatever you want homes but I'm sorry- some things are just kinda ridiculous.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I understand the premise of the gyrocopter - and have logged more hours in general av and 'experimental' birds than in airliners - but I don't think there's any way you'd get me on one of those things.

Am pretty cheesed that for the last couple of weeks I've looked - intermittently - for my double edged razors (one nickel plated, one brass) that I used in the late 1800s, and for the life of me can't find them. Although I have managed to find a nearly full dispenser of Schick blades to fit them.

el chupacabra said...

I guess if money were no object it would be both an R44 and cessna caravan (see I'm still easy to please, reasonable AND rational).
If money were an object (but not much of one) it would be an ultimate paraplane all the way.

an Donalbane said...

I dig your choices on 'if I won the lottery' - throwing in the Piper Malibu Meridian as a possible substitute for the Caravan (the coolest station wagon in the sky).

Among the relatively affordable means to get airborne, I'm enamored of the Rans S-12XL Airaile.