Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions

Goofy Sexist Sexy Funny Harmless Harmful Despicable Sick or Silly? Or ( I) All of the above?


  • "Wow in a world where so few find love, it is great that Hollywood decided to show tards finding love. "

  • From hulu customer movie review board regarding Benny and Joon.

  • Headline: "I will be vindicated Blagojevich says." ap

  • That'll do Rod, that'll do.

  • Thank God for the rain- whether you believe or not.

  • The baby burped real big the other day then belly laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world and said,"I farted!"

  • Another I heard him tell his sister recently," No touch. No touch it me now! I tell it to you!"

  • Hope to have a tent for us by the time this publishes. I love sleeping outdoors and will do so in the backyard even to get to do so- especially when it's cool. Doesn't even have to be the weekend or holiday I'll sleep out in a tent or in the open when it's nice and get up in the morning and get ready for work and send the children off to school or whatever.

  • No more sleeping on the ground for me though- I have a nice airbed that goes everywhere I go in the great outdoors.

10 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Would you mind taking my picture down? (;} )

Opus #6 said...

KIds love "camping" even if it is in the back yard. Very fun and great when a parent can be involved.

How did you find that picture of Gia?

el chupacabra said...

gia pet- oh come on- if you've got it, flaunt it! nice move by the way.

op- you seem like a good sport- do you crash in the backyard with Tribe Opus?
We did find a tent yesterday and spent the night in the backyard. little warm for comfort early and yikes 70% humidity! good grief. zac had fun and would say, "ooooo, dark!" to try and spook me.
oh, a gentlemen never tells...

Mango's Madness said...

Enjoy those young ones as much as you can! It won't be long until they are in their 30's like my 3. Teenage grandkids will make you see how fast all this life moves. I love your posts Chup!

Mango

el chupacabra said...

mad man- hey thanks. you're exactly right on the time getting away from you when it comes to your kids. it literally seems like yesterday my teenager was toddling around.

Miss_proper said...

lol I do NOT sleep where crawling things are! and that pic... oh my

LandShark 5150 said...

I told me terra-mako that the pictures would end up on the net.

Ada said...

love the photo...should be a prerequisite, right? :)

an Donalbane said...

Ditto on the outdoor sleeping.

Since it was going to get mid-60s Monday night, I put my zero-gravity outdoor lounger on the deck and tossed a sleeping bag on top. The dog curled up under the chair, supposedly would warn me of approaching danger. I slept better there than I had in several days indoors - and not a drop of rain.

Actually, I'm not too concerned about the rain. Unless it's raining right at bedtime, or a near certainty it's gonna before daybreak, if the temperature is reasonable, I'll turn in outdoors. Heck, I'm not gonna melt, am probably already as warped as I'm going to get, and it's only a few steps to the back door.

When it gets cool, am thinking of getting a pair of Coleman folding cots at the WM, putting a thick blanket over them, then my air-mattress and double sleeping bag on top of that.

BTW, I think I slept outdoors every night last October.

When they're over, my kids enjoy the outdoor experience as well.

Oh, and thanks for posting the picture of Gia - girl's got moves!

Candle said...

haha, this is great stuff. I also like your 'Next button' post. Very clever :)