Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions





  • If you're a girl don't fall in love with me just because I introduced you to this great show.


  • If you're a guy well, just don't fall in love with me.


  • Seriously, any show with,"They aren't doctors- they're retards." as a line has a chance at least of being pretty awesome.


  • Your goofy joke for the day: A turtle gets robbed by two snails. The police show up and begin asking questions. When asked,"What did the two subjects look like?" The visibly shaken turtle responded,"I don't know, I just don't know- it all just happened so fast."


  • Cutting animal carcasses down to the smaller sizes during processing is called disassembling. That has a funny- disconcerting even, connotation doesn't it?
  • I really wonder (and worry) about us some times. People are still I'm sure at this time arguing over their cities and counties right to not lower their flags to half staff out of respect for Senator Kennedy. He was a US senator and anyway, showing a modicum of respect for anyone doesn't mean you agree with anything they ever said or did- or liked them.
  • How long before John Voigt plays Kennedy in a movie?


  • My children's great grandfather after spending several days in the hospital while the doctors tried without success to figure out what was wrong with him suddenly lifted his leg and passed gas like no one else in the in the history of the world has- ever - with two docs, his wife and two of his daughters standing at the bedside. He then threw the sheet back and sat up on the side of the bed and began taking off his hospital gown. To cries of," What are you doing daddy?" He said,"I told ya'll when you brought me into this place I felt like I just needed to cut a big old fart- I've done it, now I'm ready to go home!"


  • It took some effort but, they talked him into staying until some lab results were in the next morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! Thanks for the entertainment!

Opus #6 said...

Aww, good try grandpa!

That pilot was pretty funny. I like the labels on the CD cases.

Opus #6 said...

This made me think of you.

http://nearlynobodysnews.blogspot.com/2009/09/hmm-chupacabra-monster-found-in-texas.html

mzchief said...

Stella reminds me of the 3 Stooges. When visiting with my I-ka' (Native American/Caddo paternal grandmother) in Ft. Worth during the summers I used to watch Slam Bang Theatre with Icky Twerp and Icky always played the 3 Stooges. The 3 Stooges were among my favourite things about visiting the States during the summer.

Thanks for sharing Stella.

Ada said...

I love the first two sentences. Seriously had me laughing. Good stuff.

In fact I came back and read them a few times.

Didn't love the Stella thing although I do love Michael.

But do love this...
If you're a girl don't fall in love with me just because I introduced you to this great show.

If you're a guy well, just don't fall in love with me.


Love it.