Friday, September 18, 2009

Fiday's Dispatch

Click to enlargenate and see if you're as brave as a two year old! Can you handle the walking stick of death? Muwahahaha

  • I don't like pickles but, will let them put a couple on a hamburger- then I pick them off, I like the way it makes them taste. I know a couple of people who are the same way. We get asked about it and people are totally good with the answer however, what if we put a couple of drops of vinegar from the jar on our burgers?

  • American Indians flavored their meats with drops of bile from the bison's gall bladder.

  • Slept like a baby in the tent last night and feel great. Something so simple...

  • Jay Leno doesn't interest me so much as a talk show host but, man as a car guy I could listen to him talk all day. I know he has a column in a magazine but, he needs a TV show or documentary even on his cars and their related history.

  • Tim Allen also has an epic car collection but, says his insurance prevents him from talking about most of them.

  • Found an awesome pair of Hi Tec hiking boots on sale from 80 bucks down to 30. Zac was through shopping so had to grab them without trying them on and sadly discovered last night they don't fit. So this is what it sounds like when the doves cry.

  • I mean I am totally bummed. They are so cool looking. If I had boots like that to wear- all the cool kids would want to hang out with me!

  • I asked Zac to throw away a disposable cup for me and he came back in a minute holding his hands up, shrugging his shoulders and saying,"It won't fit daddy. It no go in the trash dad!" Hmm thought- is trash can full? Let's go check. We went into the kitchen and he promptly opened the refrigerator, pulled the cup out and took it to the pantry and threw it in the trash.

10 comments:

Ada said...

I LOVE the photo. What a cute face and no, I'm not as brave. :)

I only like sweet pickles.

The word bile makes me gag.

So sad about the boots. Happens a lot here w/the baby. Buy and then try.

Opus #6 said...

Brave child!

One of my few star sightings in Los Angeles involved Jay Leno, driving on the 101 freeway north, driving a 1940s *something* with the top off, his salt and pepper hair flying in the breeze. I don't know who he was with. They wore a disguise, a type of airplane full-head cover with goggles. Were they an even bigger star than Jay? Who was that masked man!

Miss_proper said...

I love the TASTE of Jalapeno peppers in my nachos... but I don't want the peppers... I just want the spicy juice... I will then down the cheese with the juice from the pepper jar... lol so I am weird too.

Your son is just about the CUTEST thing EVER!

el chupacabra said...

Adalatry- thanks for you support in my time of bootal anguish.

Opusariat-Thanks- he can be brave. Cool sighting on Jaybird- one to add to your life book!

Gina Weena- With dishes requiring jalapeno peppers I like a mix of fresh and pickled- it gets two more textures AND flavors involved in the mix = tumulutous.

And thanks he does rawk in the cuteness dept. Makes you wonder where I ranked in the making dept.?

Miss_proper said...

Well from your picture there I would have to saw he takes after his mom! LMAO (put up a REAL pic of you so we can give you a rank!)

I will have to try the pepper mixture... I think I might like that.

And chups ty for also being nice and encouraging on my blog.

MarmiteToasty said...

Your brave baby is so bloody adorable.......I just want to... you know..... well, I do LOL

What a bugger about the boots..... but, it was meant to be, maybe they would of rubbed blisters on ya :)...

ps........ we LOVE stick insects in this house....... I hoovered up about 30 baby ones once when they all hatched and escaped... and we would hold flying contests with the leaf stick insects with the tiny wings that were not suppose to be for flying, but if you lobbed them off the top of the stairs they pretty well learnt to fly within seconds :)......

x

MarmiteToasty said...

pps....... I love gherkins straight from the jar... but my youngest, like you, has to pick out the gherkins from his burger on the very odd occasion that we have a McDonalds..

x

el chupacabra said...

G- you bet- you're worth it.

On the pepper issue: when the use of either fresh or pickled (or otherwise cooked) may be appropriate for a particular dish (and if you like them all either way) you'll find that always works and I don't even know where I learned it from. Try sauteed onions with fresh on a burger etc.

marmso- thanks dearie. I may have gobbed on about this before but, when me oldest was just a wee nipper and barely out of nappies and wearing pants proper the teacher at his nursery school got gobsmacked by a spider. She jumped up on the desk and said,"It's a brown recluse- someone go get the janitor!" Me loverly nipper took one glance and said,"That's not a brown recluse, it's a wolf spider!" scooped it up on a piece of paper and took it outside to go on with its spiderly life.

PS Pip pip toodle loo and cheerio me matey!

an Donalbane said...

I'm fine with leaving the pickles, or gherkins, on the burger, but if it's the kind of burger I really like, it probably doesn't start with pickles on it.

Was at Red Robin yesterday, choosing between mushroom swiss (I love the 'shrooms), guacamole, jalapeño, or blackened peppercorn. All good, but I went with the guac. Mmmm!

Speaking of jalapeños - a few years back I was making a batch of homemade salsa about every other week, using fresh jalas. I'm very conscientious about hygiene and all, and always wash my hands before handling the food. Never had thought much about the converse, but would offer this advice to the gents: If you've been handling the jalapeños and habaneros, um, wash your hands before and after using the restroom.

Just sayin'...

Denney Crane said...

Okay, so what size are the boots?