Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday's Missives







  • A bias I have: all things being equal if a person is a smoker I automatically assume them to be weaker and less intelligent than I would have otherwise given them credit for- I've even tried to educate myself away from the idea but, it just seems to get more reinforced.



  • Maybe that's why it's a bias?



  • I love butter and sour cream on appropriate food but, find anything more than a speck of either by themselves nauseating.



  • The baby has started tattling on his older sibling and bossing them around.



  • He calls brother brother and sister sissy unless he's scolding them, then he uses their first and middle names.



  • My oldest named his show pig Pinky Tuscadaro.



  • I love the smell of the coconut oil in Hawaiian Tropic lotion.



  • Love it.



  • Almost through with Undaunted Courage by Ambrose about the Lewis and Clark expedition and that bums me.



  • Haven't been to a yard sale in years but, want to go soon to try and stock up on books- a very hit and miss prospect with my tastes but, I have hit big in the past.



  • All my books I collected over the years were lost in a house fire a few years ago and I'm just now willing to start over.



  • When clearing an Army installation the joke when asked for documentation or some piece of equipment you haven't seen in months is,"Oh, it was lost in the fire or it went down with that supply bird."



  • I was joking with a civilian I hit it off well with when clearing FT Hood and pulled one of them and she said,"Oh, I've heard about that- don't worry about it then."



  • I'm still signed for an M240B machine gun that for which I know I never got the hand receipt back and I don't know who may have (or may not!) turned it back in to supply. The last I heard it was loaned out to another platoon. Still waiting for a refund to be denied by the IRS with a letter stating- "Our records indicate there is the matter of a 14,000 dollar machinegun that must be resolved. Until then your paychecks will be garnished..."

7 comments:

Miss_proper said...

Does it make me a bad parent to really have thought of a time out for a child in a wire box like that? LOL My daughter is now 23 so it has been a while since that thought though....

For those that don't know I am KIDDING .. I am KIDDING... at least that is what I am going to tell you all..

el chupacabra said...

G- i came oustside one time when my children were a little younger and ALL three were in a kennel like that. i took a pic, keep waiting for it to show up on something like that poster!

Ada said...

Love that he uses their first & middle names...wonder where he got that. hee hee.

I love the pig name...good choice.

I also love the smell. Mmmm. Delish. I have a body butter that smells like that but I just can't wear it any other season than summer...it just doesn't seem right.

I also get a little sad when the end of a book is near. You just need to keep a stack close by of must reads and that might help. Good luck on the yard sales. :)

Opus #6 said...

That's the worst part of reading a good book or a good book series. The end is great and terrible.

el chupacabra said...

ada- thanks. body butter? Mmmmmm.

op- was leery of mentioning that - thought a little weird-maybe. glad y'all got that. was afraid it was only me.

LandShark 5150 said...

Know what ya mean, missing a gun ship meself.

Opus #6 said...

Chup, it is like imagining our favorite bloggers giving up blogging. What a let down. I hate the end of a good book.

I'm still bothered by Nickie Goomba quitting blogging for 4 years. And I didn't even know him back then.