Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday's Missives



Dreams are the threads of happiness that keep us warm on cold nights

from Muse on Xanadu.


  • Don't know if that's an original thought to the writer I jacked it from or not but, I like it.
  • What are nightmares then?
  • Remember The Orb? They did a song titled Fluffy Clouds in the 90s. A very cool, spacey song that I can't get out of my mind when I think of it until I look it up on the youtubes or listen to it off my laptop.
  • A related flashback: in west Texas in the middle of nowhere on a farm to market road on a full moon night. I'm in the passenger seat of my buddies new, fast car. The aforementioned song is playing. The headlights are off and I watch the digital speedometer rolling up so fast I can't keep up. It was somewhere north of 100 mph. When I turned to the right to watch the surreal moonscape looking terrain flash by...
  • I stop dead in my tracks when I hear a black person speak in an English accent.
  • I have a bad habit of deleting information in my brain that falls into disuse.
  • 7. What about your current or most recent lover excites you? Can we just skip this one? I'll just say that my current/most recent lover no longer cares if he excites me and I really miss being excited! From one of those Name 10 things about yourself type things on another blog.
  • Made me kind of sad but, I wondered, Did they or had they ever told their partner or just related their feelings on a dumb Internet questionnaire?
  • Don't understand why people get so beat down after the end of a long relationship and say things like,"I just can't get into the whole dating scene." etc. or in general feel lonely and don't do anything about it- we have more avenues available than ever and there's probably only a gazillion people in the world just as lonely with a lot to offer. Maybe easy for me to say (well, really it's not) but, I don't understand.
  • Ended up with razors a while back- don't recall the brand though that their motto is something like,"Made for a woman's unique curves." I thought they would work to shave my head because well, my head is one big curve.
  • It looked like I had tried to chop my own head off for a Jihadi video after I got through. There was blood everywhere.

5 comments:

YM said...

There is more that goes into just getting back out there after a long relationship, mister.

Miss_proper said...

http://www.headblade.com/

My hubby uses this... he got it while in NJ and I have yet to see one around here, although I did find the BLADE at Walgreen last week. It is an amazing little thing.

It looks like a little race car and you hook it over you finger and run it over you head... works great and there are seldom any nicks.

As to relationships I think that you are tired... lol the whole thought of starting over is daunting.

Opus #6 said...

That bloody head thing sounds awful.

The questionnaire thing reminds me of a joke.

I hear it is possible to have sex with the dead.

It's called marriage.

Gia's Spot said...

I never answer those questionnaire's. I would have to put lie upon lie to make myself look interesting! As for the bloody head? You must have a lumpy head or something? Eww sounds like that would hurt while trying to wash it! And Opus#6's sex with the dead comment disturbed me...then again, so did marriage!

el chupacabra said...

my queen- leave it to me to hit a nerve- without even trying.

g- i saw that profiled a while back as a new product but, still haven't seen it around here. thanks.

lady O- ha, thanks that's a good one. a shame a joke like that could have a ring of truth for so many people. why do some people bother to get married? i guess i wouldn't want to be with someone though, who couldn't guess how terrible they were going to be at something so important!

g- the crazy thing is while i don't consider myself all that good looking (honestly) women say i have a "pretty shaped head" and specifically "not all lumpy" so i don't know what the deal was on that. i like your new pic!