Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday's Missives





  • I dreamed last night I had dinner with Dabney Coleman and Corbin Bernson and some other people. Then everyone went swimming. Then the last things I remember of it are an incredibly beautiful and extremely fat woman playing footsie with me and then me running out of the water to take a huge, used condom away from a toddler.
  • Corbin Bernson crept in there because I watched an episode of Psych last night before bed- the rest of that craziness? I have no Idea.
  • I used to think the belief in ghosts and psychic abilities was innocent and interesting even until I saw how John Edward manipulated hurting, lost people making them believe he could communicate with their loved ones who had crossed over. Very sad- he should be ashamed. I'm tempted to say that type of activity should be illegal.
  • I have a nephew named Corbin Dallas, if that name sounds familiar, it's the lead characters name played by Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element.
  • I had coffee, Dr. Pepper, 2 small Snickers bars and an oatmeal cream pie for breakfast.
  • I know, why don't I just shoot myself and get it over with.
  • I'll be hitting the Bowflex today, does that make me a better person in spite of disgusting breakfast habits?
  • I have a feeling that more Bowflexs sit idle and are used for nothing more than 2000 dollar drying racks for delicates than are actually used for workouts.
    Found during my search for a bike
  • Here's my loosely associated financial/health tip of the day. In Winter especially, check Craigslist for Bowflex machines after checking the Bowflex site and learning prices. Try to go for about 50% of the retail. Also, ask around among your friends someone may have one that you didn't even know owned one and they'll give you a deal. If you get it for something around 50% of the retail or less you can use it and if it you don't like it or don't use it like you thought you might, it can be resold for everything you have in it.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

As morning drew near, I was having very odd dreams, in which I was riding a KLR or DR650 type bike somewhere in NW FTW (like between Azle Ave & Anglin - not an area I frequent), cutting across a field or median so as not to be seen by the popos (and I have no reason to evade them), with a dog riding on the gas tank (smaller than my real dog). Then I got somewhere, and things were getting good with my fiancée (unfortunately, I have no fiancée) - we opened a door to a room where I thought we were gonna 'seal the deal', only to find it populated with about a dozen junior-high kids. Then I woke up.

Wonder what Daniel or the Frood-dude would make of all that?

Given the riding position of a sportbike, whatup with Ali Baba face on that crotch rocket?

el chupacabra said...

Homes, I think you need to break down, buy the KLR and some lightweight equipment and go in search of the answer to those and other questions.

So mote it be