Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday's Missives






  • Last text message I sent: Whatever, you don't know- you're not a doctor. You're not even that good of a nurse!
  • We may not have reached the end of the world, but I think I can see it from here.
  • US firms have discovered a 1 trillion+ deposit of lithium in Afghanistan- what could possibly go wrong with that?
  • Lovelyweatherfordgirl12 in a pop up ad says,"Didn't we used to date in high school?"
  • Unlikely, since at 21 you did not exist when I was in high school.
  • During filming the boat used as African Queen sank and all the crew including Bogey had to help right her to continue.
  • topdocumentaryfilms.com has over a thousand documentaries- expect me to be essentially worthless until I've worked my way through the good ones.
  • And to post lots of worthless factoids here.
  • David Allen Coe The Ride.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

We may not have reached the end of the world, but I think I can see it from here.

I don't know about the EOTW specifically, but I have been having a running conversation with my Dad for about the past year, in which I've noted/opined that we're closer to a massive upheaval/widespread civil unrest than I believe has ever been the case in my lifetime or his (late 1930s), and possibly going back as far as the War Between the States.

I used that last term to add a bit of levity, by virtue of its connotations, but I'm absolutely sincere in believing we're close to learning whether our beloved nation, conceived and dedicated in Liberty, and consecrated by valiant men and women at Antietam & Manassas, Argonne & Jutland, Normandy & Iwo Jima, Fallujah & Kabul can still long endure intact.

an Donalbane said...

Oh, and pity that the DAC video has been pulled. That there's a my-T-fine song.

an Donalbane said...

US firms have discovered a 1 trillion+ deposit of lithium in Afghanistan- what could possibly go wrong with that?

A classic conundrum - We'd be crazy to go over there to try to snatch all that lithium, but...we need the lithium to treat all the crazy we already have (as well as to make watch batteries).

Why yes, I was using my artistic license to blur the difference between lithium, the metal, and lithium the neurotreatment. I just received my license renewal email.