Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions

I found it! Pizarro you are vindicated my friend- rest in peace.




  • Sooner Or Later by Breaking Benjamin. I hate to sound like a fan boy, but they really are way underrated.
  • Sometimes I have to get away from everything and sort things out. The last time I did that I ended up in Big Spring TX after saying,"I think I need to point the car west, put the cruise on 100 mph and stop wherever the sun finds me while it's setting."
    This pond in KCMOs zoo is like a million other exhibits in zoos across the country- somebody with about  enough construction skills and knowledge to be dangerous slaps a structure together and its called good. What an ugly mess.
  • My buddy won't answer my text messages and that worries me.
  • When I was coming up everybody cruised to meet people. Denton was a big hangout, but we were just as likely to go to Bridgeport TX as kids from Bridgeport were as likely to go to Decatur. A weird coincidence that I'll have to be vague about: I thought a former in law was familiar to me when we met officially, but could not place how until the first time I went to one of her side of the families house for the first time- it was not the first time I'd been there. She did not remember me and I kept my mouth shut, but I'd been there before.
  • I don't know if the preceding thought made any sense. I don't want to be rude or ugly and a couple of people who may read this will think it is them and it is not and another may think they know who I'm talking about but they may not.
  • I just made it worse. 
  • My air mattress popped. The flocked side will make a nice rug for Big Agnes (our tent) and the bottom will work for a footprint to save the floor. 
    This guy almost gave us all a chance to see what God thinks about us freaks- he pulled out in front of us like we were invisible. He had probably been drinking Keystone Light since he left Arkansas.

    Kansas cows. I thought they would look more wind blown and  aireborney. 

2 comments:

RPM said...

I get "itchy feet" now and then. I've had a severe case lately. Thought the roadtrip to Vegas would cure it, but it didn't. I really want to trade my RV for a 5th wheel, buy a small boat then head to Colorado and go trout fishing.

So fill us in on the KC BBQ. Did ya hit Oklahoma Joe's?

an Donalbane said...

On our Saturday night 'camp-in-the-park', Daughter and I opened a NIB Coleman standard/double flocked mattress, replete with a paired sheet/fleece blanket set (with corner drawstrings).

I announced that since it was warm, I would sleep on top of the fleece, and cover with a separate queen size flat sheet (just to keep the bugs off). By morning, Daughter was under the fleece and the sheet, and asking if she could put the dog's bed over her feet.

It was fun to watch the park go from zero tents @ 5:00p Saturday, to nearly 100 by 2100, and back to zero by 1100 Sunday.