Monday, May 20, 2013

Saturday's Situation



  • Norm McDonald is an awful actor and a mediocre comedian yets we all love him. Why is that- is it because we all love him that well, we all love him?
  • Willy Nelson is a great songwriter and decent guitarist but that voice- yikes, yet we all love him. Have you ever heard him singing Crazy? It is creepy.
  • A one time patient was placed on home isolation since she may have been infectious until lab results were available that proved she was OK and could go back to work. She called and nearly frantically said, I really need my lab results so I'll know if I can go back to work. She called from the office I personally recalled her stating she worked at. Ahem, little miss patient- allow me to introduce you to a thing we like to call Caller ID. Also, I will translate your part of our conversation into the language of truthiness: Kevin, I need to know my lab results so I'll know if I have to stay at home like I was ordered and not infect any more innocent people with an awful disease...
  • I have known exactly one pathological liar in my lifetime. It would be easy to focus on the damage that person caused by their need to lie but I was always struck by how much harder they made their own life in that they would lie when the truth would fit better. I mean, if they said Good morning, you automatically checked your watch. I will say though, over time your expectations were lowered. You simply didn't believe a word they said and did not adapt your thinking or what you did based on anything they said.
    I forget the name of this cave but it was used by prehistoric people for shelter.

    Retarded vandalism

    Same view people had thousands of years ago when they would wake up in the morning.

    Magic Bullet outside Meramec Caverns

    Lone Biker of the Apocalypse


    Zip line outside of Meramec Caverns. This guy sailed over us as we parked.


    Why yes, that goober is trying to catch a snake off the walking path in a zoo- why do you ask?
  • Frank Sinatra singing Summer Winds in 1992. Summer Winds was first recorded by Wayne Newton. Bonus: Frank and Louis Armstrong singing the blues.
  • I'm losing. were Sinatra's last words before he expired.

3 comments:

RPM said...

I always considered Willie a song stylist. He has a unique voice and pattern that makes just about any song he sings "his".

an Donalbane said...

Cool cave.

I'm hoping to maybe take Daughter to Robber's Cave (former hideout of Jesse James, the Youngers, and the Dalton Gang) SP in Eastern OK (north of Wilburton) this summer.

Unknown said...

That's no way to talk about Ashley. She could have been a Neanderthal for all you know, in which case, it's a wonder she drew the heart so clearly, all those years ago.

Plus, that girl really does heart RABEYY8.