Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts



  • We watched part of Rango last night. They haven't figured out you can have a great kid safe animated story without bad language and a cigarette smoking lizard. I turned it off.
  • It is nearly time to go to the coast. I love going to our coast and everybody who knows me knows this about me. They are always shocked to learn though that I never- ever swim while there.
  • I like trying new foods but I can't think of a single thing I eat regularly that people would consider gross- pigs feet, calf testicles, octopus etc.
  • The show show Earth2 looks like it might be pretty good. It came out in the early 90s. I'm surprised I never even heard of it.
  • Watching AFV makes me realize how far most people's idea of funny and mine are apart.
  • I scammed some good swag from the vendors set up at Tarrant County's Earth Day celebration yesterday.
  • If in a relationship a person seems to think more highly of your appearance than you believe it has been regarded in the past and your self assessment tells you is that a good thing or a warning sign of future trouble? For instance, if you know you're not exactly the Boggy Creek monster but in the past people never just oohed and awed over your appearance and now somebody you're with just goes on about how gorgeous you are, have they put you on a pedestal you're bound to crash down from? Or is it, you are the luckiest person ever- get over and enjoy it.
  • Later friends. I have been elected to cook breakfast.
  • Liam Lynch Try Me

3 comments:

Paxford said...

Earth2 was fairly good. Unfortunately they did weird things with broadcasting episodes out of order over here and it died a swift death

Get the DVD set if you can and watch them in the right order :)

Pax

el chupacabra said...

Hey Mari- You know, I had heard the same thing about that show somewhere but had forgotten. We have it on DVD and will probably try to get it started this weekend.

an Donalbane said...

AFV - you mean the show where: Kid crashes bike/trike into tree - mishap occurs at wedding reception dance - stupid pet trick - object nails guy in the crotch? That AFV? I.e., the television equivalent of potted meat?

I start getting nervous around flattery. Believing that I'm fairly objective in my self-assessments (from following So-crates admonition regarding the examined life), I'm very suspicious if someone believes I score higher than I think I do.

Wasn't it old 'C-note Ben' who said, "I bet that person wants me to laser sharpen their Ginsu knife"? Or somesuch.