Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday's Dispatch


Horse head nebula



  • I was very hyper at work yesterday (05032013). There was no hiding it or denying it- multiple people commented on it. My heart was not in the place and was not from the moment I walked in the door. I left at 10 minutes 'til quitting time- no clocking out, no checking out with anybody. I just left. I couldn't get way from the place fast enough. When I got home my back was bothering me so I tried to soak in the tub- it wasn't happening. I couldn't even sit still for that. Today I'm cool as a cucumber and look at the yesterday me as somebody I was observing but don't really know.
    Tracks from Mars rover. Get your mind out of the gutter you.
  • One of my nursing buddies retired recently. I was unusually busy so I didn't have a true idea of the turnout for her lunch but I sensed it was poor. I'm tempted to think she may have rubbed people the wrong way and so they were less sad to see her go than I but again, I'm not sure.
  • Waffles with peanut butter on them: It is what was for breakfast.
  • There is a guy who sells hardback books at First Monday 2 for 5 dollars.
  • I jacked this from Keith. It's a Bollywood rip-off of the Terminator and The Matrix. It's awesomeness is awesome. I call it Terminatrix.
  • Zac got a copy of Clash Of The Titans for his birthday. All is well with his world.
  • By the time this publishes I'll be somewhere between our beloved Tejas and KCMO and closer to the KC. We plan to visit Laura Ingalls Wilder's home, Fantastic Caverns, Merrimac Caverns and KCMO's zoo. Also on the list will be BBQ but I don't know for sure where and a riverboat ride but I'm not where, when or type etc.
  • Here Laura's autograph. when she gave it to me she said, Kev. take your time and don't live too fast. Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget there is someone up above. And be a simple kind of man- be something you love and understand. Forget your lust for a rich man's gold all that you need is in your soul. Hey I know its corny but I didn't make it up- she did.



2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

To me, the horse-head nebula looks like Jar-Jar Binks.

Honestly, I don't think I would've made the association with the Mars rover tracks.

I was hatched about 12.5 miles from the LHOTP site, and remember seeing the signs advertising the LH Museum (but never visited it), after my grandparents would pick us up from the nearby community airport (in those pre-cellphone days, we'd buzz their house so they'd know we'd arrived). Until about 10 yrs ago, my folks owned 140 acres (ag investment property - never lived there) about 5 miles due west of the LH site. And about 5 mi WSW is a small lake where my Granddad used to take me swimmin', fishin' and duck hunting.

RPM said...

I hear Oklahoma Joe's in KCK and Jack Stack in KCMO are the two best BBQ joints in town. Oklahoma Joe's is in a gas station so you know it's gotta be good.