Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday's Missives





  • Uh, the attempted murder of a civilian by a US soldier. I was the principal witness and first to report it. A response I cautiously use in mixed company as an answer to questions such as, What was the weirdest/wildest/saddest/scariest etc. thing you saw in Iraq?
  • Yes, polite dinner conversation comes to a screeching halt.
  • Strictly speaking it involved a discharge of a weapon multiple times into the cab of a vehicle unnecessarily, without provocation and without regard for whether the person inside was killed or wounded. The shooter was wanting to gitsum so he set the shooting up to have plausible deniability- he just didn't know there was a witness.
  • Lasers have gone from huge (and hugely expensive) research objects to cheap key chain curiosities in my lifetime.
  • I think I'm going to get braces for my teeth.
  • "How many women have you ever kissed?" A question asked of my friend recently by a woman he's dating.
  • They're in their forties.
  • I have intentionally left out for the most part political talk on this blog. When I realized that political thought is a part of me and I should put those thoughts here so people could get to know me and I could look back on those thoughts later I determined to write more about my political thoughts. To make up for lost time and as a bit of a goof I thought it might be interesting to write every day or every few days for a month on the same post and then publish it later. I tried it. It looked like a psychotic rant- if I accidentally died in a car wreck and caused some kind of conflagration the news would have called it a, "rambling manifesto" and ask, Why did he try to take as many people out with him as he could when he killed himself...
  • My nursing buddy won't hardly look at me much less speak to me. The reason why is yesterday (04252013) we got into a screaming and cursing match when she was wrong and wouldn't turn loose of something and topped it off by basically saying I was lying and remembered something incorrectly. She also did these things very publicly trying to make a fool of me. 
  • The short answer is- I let her get under my skin.
  • Win an argument-  lose a friend.
    Zac's first selfie.


    These acorns came from a tree I know was planted the same year or a year or two prior to my moving to Weatherford.

    Leaves of three, fill your pockets with me... No, wait that can't be right. Leaves of three, won't hurt thee...

    Found in the woods near Sunshine Lake. It is either a hide for an animal trap or the hut  of the remnants of a tribe of very tiny native Americans.

    Mmm dakn gobble gorfin! var ernge? Translation: Dad this orange is  good! Can I have another?

    Here, have some cleavage. Just don't tell friend-girl I showed it to you. I pronounce it in the manner of the French-  Cleh-vahge.

    What is that!? Friend-girls reaction to seeing this plant.

    Retarded vandalism.

    
    Somebody either left Sunshine Lake with less clothes than they came out with or they drowned.
    

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

OK, so what is the plant?

Daughter and I found a plant last year on a bike ride through the woods - that I surmised was the cannabis, possibly left behind by ne'er-do-well yutes' mischief.

Nope, it was a kind of Japanese maple.

el chupacabra said...

Don- I have no idea other than I know it isn't the wacky terbacky.

RPM said...

You're both close. It's a weed, just not THE weed. Looks like Virginia Creeper, which ironically sounds like it's THE weed.

el chupacabra said...

R- Ha, that DOES sounds like something a pothead would try to sell you: Hey man, want some weed? It will blow your mind. Its Virginia Creeper dude.