Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions

Interesting looking ground cover I found at Turner Falls

Not sure what this is embedded in this stone but as discoverer I should get to name it
i
Party on Garth

I had read once that after rights are secured and masters made most, of the cost  wrapped up in movies is for packaging. This one is actually devoid of a case of any type and is only secured to a piece of cardboard by clear plastic. I paid .96 cents for this little gem- a bargain at twice the price


  • Short, interesting update on the Afghanistan war in Paktika Province. I think we were way behind on buying ample towed artillery pieces.
  • I cannot think of a single piece of equipment the US fields that is not arguably better than any other nations.
  • Another story- not from Talib perspective per se, but focusing on their recent tactics.
  • I napped on my lunch at work today (01/04/2013). I snored, dreamed and slept so hard and long enough with my mouth so slack jawed that my jaw joints hurt and my mouth was dry when I awoke.
  • Zac has a thing about impulsively hitting me on the buttocks in an attempt to be playful- it hurts. 
  • People say little things at work to set me and my nursing buddy and I off on each other just to sit back and watch us go at it.
  • You would not believe the number of alcoholic, cigarette smoking, drug shooting crackheads who worry about the potential side affects of the medication we offer in our clinic.
  • My spell check does not hi lite crackhead- that is sad.
  • My guess is whether they have to use it often or not, or whether they realize it or not, everybody has a favorite lip balm product and they would hate to have to use another.
  • Zac to friend-girl: The cats have been really good- except for Rebel. You might have to spray him with that squirt thing.
  • Headline from a couple of days ago ( approx. 01/03/2013) "Police arrest naked, samurai sword wielding man in..." The strangest thing about that is I know it is not the first time I've heard or read that description- it has happened at least one other time in the past year.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Don't remember if it was Confucius or Banacek who said "Man who practice naked swordplay soon victim of own dedication."

Yeah, I need to hire new writers...