Thursday, January 17, 2013

Meandering Missives




  • Occasionally when a case is close to my house and especially if the weather is nice I'll walk. It's just good to me for us to do regardless but, it really helps me unwind on the way home and feel better when I walk to where the patient is living. The following are my observations from the last case I walked home from.



  • Good God, it's 30 degrees with a wind chill of 20- and I almost didn't carry a coat. Unbelievable.


  • Brain freeze headache.


  • Seeing the bicycle rack in front of Goodwill- wonder if I could take one and slide the money through the doors with a note?


  • In the restaurant. Please don't grin at me like I'm a touched homeless person staggering in to bum coffee.


  • I'm actually a real man of genius.



  • Killed an hour and a half, not any warmer. Actually, wind is picking up as it is being pushed by warming affect of sun- brutality.


  • Do I know anybody on the way?


  • A beautiful boat with trash mounded up in the hull setting beside an equally nice bike sinking in the mud, setting by a very pretty truck parked cockeyed in the middle of the yard with two bags of garbage on the hood and a Christmas Tree in the bed.


  • Madness


  • Bet there's a story there though- somewhere.


  • Passing the In workout place with the sign proclaiming You have a duty to your booty. Good morning ladies. God Bless You.


  • An old Ford station wagon with Ole Skali Wagon in vinyl letters on the back window.


  • Trouble machine.


  • Passing an old, junky looking 1984 Chevy moving truck with the top peeled back like it hit the bottom a bridge for sale for 3800.00 dollars.


  • If I had 3 grand in my pocket I'd make an offer and you'd be mine baby.


  • Tell me dear, does your heater work?


  • I've lost it- talking to vehicles.


  • The bridge is still out? Good grief.


  • Mexican construction workers with their mouths hanging open as a goofy whaleo comes up out of the creek wearing scrubs and carrying a backpack after bypassing the never ending bridge project.


  • Oh my God, out in the open, wind whistling, pulling tears from my eyes.


  • Can't take it.


  • Wish the VFW was open.


  • Ah, my neighbor- lift your arm and wave at him- maybe he'll get the hint and save you.


  • Move- arm.


  • Oh man, he turned around- he's glad to see me and we talk.


  • The heater burns my cheeks and ears.


  • Home soak in the tub, get warm, eat and sleep to be ready for tonight.

2 comments:

Paxford said...

"•I'm actually a real man of genius"

Sorry - could you repeat that LOUDER - can't hear you over the laughing...

:D

Pax

RPM said...

LOL, reminds me of when I rode my Suzuki 750 from here to Seattle...in February.