Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions



  • Alger Texas Alexander was a Texas blues musician from Jewett . A cousin of Lightning Hopkins he was known for free rhythm singing making him notoriously hard to play for. He spent some time in prison for murder of his wife. He died of syphilis at 53 in Houston. Frisco Train Blues.
  • At work I joked that I would love to take some of the ginger ale I was offered but some horrible person had stolen my disposable plate, cups and plastic ware I had stashed in a cabinet. I thought I knew my audience. I was proven wrong when the next day somebody came into my office while I was with a patient and said This is from ___________ and dropped a bag of the same type stuff in my sink and walked out. Good grief. 
  • It is a burden, I tell ya.
  • The wind chimes sound really, extra beautiful tonight.
  • You appreciate the little things after dealing with horrible, horrible people.
  • I cancelled a day off new years eve so my nursing buddy could have it so she could use her VIP tickets for a show.
  • Recently a couple of women have been very pushy about trying to get me to have sex with them.
  • Hot apple cider- my drink of choice at this moment (12/27/2012 @1831).
  • A defect in our legal system: Jail house snitch testimony. You'll put another human away forever (or actually kill them) on the word of a person whom a cop would literally not trust to hear out trying to talk his way out of a traffic ticket?! That literally makes no sense.
  • I saw a mid 40s to early 50s couple in a restaurant recently. They had orange tans. She wore an Ed Hardy T and one of those rhinestone cross Bedazzled caps. He wore an Affliction T and had spiked hair. They both wore jeans with designs stitched in and the knees fashionably torn.
  • 12/21/2012 was not the end of the world- that will come when I correctly spell restaurant on the first try. 
  • Lucky you- I didn't get it right then either.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, sometimes the only people who know what criminals have been up to are other criminals...

About the pushy women? Not as much fun as it seems like it would be, is it? Women go through that a lot. of course, by saying that, i am assuming you didn't like the advances. You might have been thrilled...

el chupacabra said...

Hi Kate- NO it is not fun and it really opened my eyes to what a woman goes through basically every day. It was a terrible feeling and I could not imagine what it would be like if a person was more defenseless (male or female) than I. It happened because I assume women might go for what they want more nowadays but mostly because I was trying to be good- and they couldn't stand being rejected.

Unknown said...

I understand. It certainly doesn't have to be someone who is intimidating to create an uncomfortable, sort of intimidating situation.

And that's not even considering the fact that most people try to let the other person down gently...

an Donalbane said...

Recently a couple of women have been very pushy about trying to get me to have sex with them.

Hmmm, let me count the women pestering me to have sex with them...yeah, that'd be, uh, just about...carry the one...um, zero.

There was a woman who called me the day after Christmas to ask if I'd trim her small dog's toenails (I own nail clippers for my own dog, but I am not a dog groomer) - but I think it was a wrong number or drunk dialing.

Stay firm, Chup - er, wait, I mean...oh, nevermind.

Opus #6 said...

Chup, Guys hit their peak in terms of attractiveness, somewhere in their 30s and well through the 40s. Lucky you. Yes, the ladies will be after you and this is probably just the beginning.

Us ladies had to deal with it the worst when we were in our 20s. Ancient history now. Although I still get my share of attention.