Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm Back

Texas did you miss me? Did you even know I was gone? I awoke about midnight to Zac shivering. To tell the truth it did not break my heart to pull him in my bag with me and put his unzipped bag over us. It was in the high 20s.
The new tent worked great- we'll see how it holds up to the test of time.
We can't wait to go back!





Good start for GORP is Wally Worlds trail mix then pump it up



The warm sun was nice Sunday morning


The Beverly Hillbillies go camping


Unnecessary quotation marks drive me nuts

Integrated welcome mat to Big Agnes

What is wrong with people? 


Big Agnes

Before I even drug my carcass out of the fart sack

Kids love to play with fire- let 'em

Yucca pond and seeds

Did I mention the sun felt really, really good Sunday morning

Did I tell you about the cactus?

Sun warm

Stud


Follow me ya'll!




Zac went fishing- caught panties. Eeew

Dumb, high dollar very well cared for parka failed

The Indian method of making a fire ring. The large stone at top indicates north. The arrow indicates the direction of  travel on resuming the march the next morning so following, friendly bands could catch up. They made no secret of this method but kept the fact that if they suspected an enemy was trailing them 100 feet due east of the ring would be an X. This meant they would actually be travelling opposite to what was shown in the stones and the friends seeing the signs should be careful.

The caption above was a total fabrication but this is an actual deer track made in the night we were there

Agnes as seen from above



Fire good

Yep- that is ice 10 feet from the tent

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics!

Unnecessary quotation marks drive me crazy, too. There is a hair salon down the street from me that says this on the front:

"The" Place

The best I can figure, that means footnote 11 to the 11th power place. Because nothing else would make any sense...

RPM said...

Cool pics. Looks like you and Zac had a ball. Good times!