Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday's Dispatch





  • Queensryche Jet City Woman
  • There was a local DJ who would mispronounce Queensryche as Queensritchie just to set people off and then he would put them on the air freaking out over his crime.
  • It is 2246 on 01/092013 and I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep. I accidentally dozed off earlier during a Brady Barr documentary.
  • Spell check showed accidentally in that last thought to be misspelled. It took me a while to figure it out- it kept looking right but I finally realized- there was an extra c in it.
  • They say extra C is good for you this time of year.
  • At work we have cubbies where we can put charts we need to follow up on later. The clerks also pull charts we need to address and place them in the appropriate nurse's cubby. Recently two different times by the time I got back to them nearly all my charts had been taken care of by other nurses or the issues no longer required my attention. Could there be a more dangerous precedence? I ignore my problems long enough- and they go away?!
  • The new sparkling drinks from V8 are interesting.
  • I've made a Craigslist deal with a guy on some camping gear. There is probably a grand plus of stuff and I nabbed it for under 300 dollars. Is it just me or do you also assume you're probably going to at least be robbed during one of those deals and most likely the guy will be eating your liver with a nice Chianti after you meet to exchange the goods and cash?
  • During a particularly horrendous day recently when it would have been hard for me to feel any more beat down a nursing buddy gave me a stack of 40 plus DVDs and CDs and another gave me two very nice sleeping bags after I told her Zac and I got cold during our last camping trip.
  • I love you world- in spite of yourself.
  • A very hot, nice friend whom I had been shamelessly throwing myself at for months is back with her ex hubby. I'm so happy for her- I think they'll be OK.
  • A lifelong goal that is unlikely to be fulfilled: learning to ride a unicycle.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Zac - the new leader of the Hole in the Wall Gang!

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- I did not think of that one- cool thanks.