Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday's Missives

Great blue heron hanging out with sky rats
Great blue heron. When I hear or think of the term great blue heron I sometimes imagine one of them saying, Oh, me great? Shucks- I don't think so but thanks for saying so, it's very sweet and flattering!  

No shortage of sky rats today
Some awful person dumped about 13 rabbits at Sunshine Lake today (01/13/2013). One of the rabbits decided he'd make the most of it and go native. He had the start of a good hole when he decided he needed a chin scratchin' against a root.

Sky rat at Sunshine Lake
Our friend's dog- Satan's
Little Helper




  • To be filed under, I don't get this way often or Oh, yes I did: about 15 minutes ago as I was completing my stop at a sign my foot slipped off the brake and I tapped the throttle a little. It's not like I did a smoky burn out stopping in oncoming traffic or anything- an attentive driver might have noticed my car moved forward that 2-4 inches. Some goob in a goober car though stared me down as he passed in front of me and shook his head like he wished he had time to pull me out of the car and school me a little. Welllll, when I caught up to him at the next stop and shouted with my window down, "You have something you want to say to me while I'm here?" as loudly as I could while staring straight at him. It was the funniest thing- suddenly he wanted to pay more attention to his own driving, the muffin he was eating and be a little more forgiving of the foibles of others.
  • Most ridiculous headline I have seen in a while- Were Norway massacre's lesbian heroes ignored by the press?
  • Good grief.
  • "You can handle yourself. Break out your flashlight and the pistol. If he comes back and tries to get in warn him once if you're sure you have time. If he doesn't comply or you don't have time- shoot- don't hesitate."
  • The last text message I sent.
  • Last text I received from Colorado: Hey man you up? On our way to the river. It was 58 degrees here when we woke up this morning.
  • Thanks brah- you rock. It was probably 90 and humid when I read that.
  • Previous posts were obviously drafted at least months ago.
  • I have friend-girl's cat nearly trained to fetch a ball on command. She calls me the cat whisperer.
  • Friend-girl I mean.
  • Right after I got to work today (01/11/2013) a nursing buddy came in and informed me I had a flat.  My back is out from wrestling that thing on and off the car. I'll have 4 new Hankooks on her by the time you read this.
  • Sometimes when ice made from water in my house melts it smells kinda funky but while it's ice water I never notice a thing.




2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Ice takes odors from the refrigerator. Only way to avoid it is to get a fridge with 2 separate air circulators and motors. Sub Zero does it, and some letter models are doing it as well.

an Donalbane said...

Hasenpfeffer!