Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday's Dispatch






My baby pic.





  • Misfits- Hybrid Moments


  • I understand using dark humor to own a situation and make things seem not so bad, but think it's very hateful and disrespectful to make jokes about breast cancer or have campaigns for breast cancer research with slogans like, Save The Boobies or whatever.


  • Lobster has only been on my plate once in my life- at the Union Oyster house in Boston. It was JFKs favorite restaurant.


  • A girl at the pool yesterday had a skull and crossbones tattoo coming up out of her bikini bottom. At the very least I think that choice of tats sends some mixed signals and could be the butt of many crude jokes.


  • If I was crude.


  • While watching a random military video on the youtubes the other day I saw an old best friend on his subsequent deployment to Baghdad. It was so random. He was present when his best friend was shot and killed during our earlier deployment. I believe I was the first he told about it immediately after it happened. My heart broke for him. I couldn't joke it away for him or rationalize it- I just listened.


  • If given the opportunity I'd read one of the books written by Saddam Hussein although I've heard (and thoroughly believe) they're atrocious, simply God awful.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

I can't stand the "Save the Boobies" bumper stickers. You're right....bad form.

Messages & tattoos = I always wonder the same when I see young guys & girls with tats all over the place (sleeves, on the neck, etc) and wonder how it'll translate for them professionally someday.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Kathleen- Where have you been? Your wit, wisdom and hawtness have been missed!

Some things just don't allow for cuteness- breast ca is one of them.