Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Dispatch

"Kevin- you idiot, put that thing down before it bites you! You're making it mad."









"Nah, he's not mad, he likes it- see he's smiling."








  • Vintage mugshots. Very interesting- no surprise Keith at BON came up with them first.


  • I had a horrible nightmare last night. An old Army bud and I met up at Dairy Queen in Decatur TX. Knowing he had been back downrange I asked him about it. He was unable to speak clearly or keep his train of thought and was trembling. While I was puzzling over this he turned his head to the side showing me a huge scar from a head wound and a strange looking hearing aid that had electrodes attached to the side of his head. He was our doc, very sharp, smart and funny. It was a terribly sad dream. It woke me up at four and I couldn't go back to sleep.


  • I contributed to his legend early in our deployment by saying he put the combat in combat medic and later throwing a fit when late in the game they replaced him with another medic to patrol with us. He was the only medic in our battalion who I know for a fact engaged in firefights.


  • I dream often about that DQ.


  • Zachary loves the old Clash Of The Titans movie and calls Medusa Miss Dusa.


  • 100.3 JACK FM plays all different kinds of music from just about every era and is great as far as I'm concerned. About the only songs they play I don't like are ones I never have cared for in any context.


  • I learned my first dirty joke when I was in third grade and could make adults roll on the floor with it. My friend nearly stroked out last night when I told it again for the first time in probably 25-30 years.


  • MC 900 Foot Jesus- The City Sleeps.

3 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Oh he is great! (the turtle!) What did you do with him? Wonder how old he is? So many questions! Happy feet!
Gia

el chupacabra said...

Hey Gia Pet- I let him go and watched him swim away to do his turtle thing. At about 11-12 inches across they are about 25 years old so he was somewhere around there. They can live up to 100 years.
Be good and take care.

an Donalbane said...

Goodnight, Ned!

Daughter and I were in Pet-O-Rama last weekend when we saw a giant tortoise, almost 24 inches from the front to back of the carapace.

We assumed it was a yard ornament until it started lumbering down the aisle.