Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Is this what Heaven will be like?












  • Transformers exploding in Fort Worth.



  • A transformer exploded on the pole in front of my house once. A squirrel crossed whatever wire or contact he wasn't supposed to cross.



  • No, he did not survive. He did however set the yard on fire.



  • Zac and I saw a red eared slider turtle laying her eggs this morning. It kind of messed with his mind: "Is she coming out of that hole behind her? No, she dug the hole to put her eggs in. Where are the eggs? They are in her body- she will push them out into the hole. It's how she has babies- by laying eggs. You mean babies are going to come popping out like poop? No, she will lay eggs like a chicken, then the babies will come out of the eggs. Chickens!? No..."



  • The Three Stooges Meet Hercules: bed time movie last night. It was pretty cool, but I'm still surprised I had never seen or even heard of it before.



  • My last patients family- what can I say? They were one hot mess. I had more teeth than they could pool together as a family. There were multiple teen mothers with multiple children. Although they did it outside, every single person smoked that was associated with the family.



  • One family member had some experience as a nurses aide or caretaker of some type. Late one night another family member asked me to quantify the time the patient had left. Before I could respond the aforementioned expert said,"I give him 10 to 14 days at most." I said,"Uh, no- I would not not count on that much time at all. It will probably be more like 2 days at the outside- 2 days at the very, very longest and he honestly may not make it through the night."



  • They looked at me like I was retarded.



  • He died mid morning the next day while my buddy was caring for him.