Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions




  • I knew a man once who bought a house and two fire trucks for 100 dollars each . Another man he knew had helped set up the auction for a county and pestered him to bid on the items- as he did everyone to get the participation numbers up. He moved the house onto some land for his handicapped sister to live in then made a killing selling it after her death. He sold one fire truck for a lot more than 100 dollars and donated the other to the VFD near his lake house.


  • I would have kept at least one of the fire trucks- to make my children happy of course.


  • Can you imagine? Woo- hoo, honk honk, look at me I'm a fireman! I mean- ahem, the kids would get a big kick out of it and you could teach them about fire safety and stuff.


  • Remember when Limp Bizkit mattered? Hee- hee well, they did nail their cover of Behind Blue Eyes though.


  • Don't care for any Limp Biz today? You simply can't turn down the crying Indian PSA from the 70s. Iron Eyes Cody makes us think twice about tossing fast food garbage in this classic blast from the past.


  • Turdbomb is gone- R.I.P. I got about 300 buck out of her postmortem- she serves even in death.


  • Spellcheck hi lights Turdbomb- that's crazy.


  • Tidbit is offered as an alternative.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! When reading about the firetruck I could just imagine seeing you zooming around town, making all the noise you could with kids everywhere going wild. What a nice scene that was!! Have a great day super dad!

Gia's Spot said...

Great song to start a wednesday! I still find it odd that Halle Berry was in this video?
And yeah, a fire truck would bring out the kid in anyone!!

YM said...

Viva la Turdbomb!

an Donalbane said...

Naw, I think it's TB - R.I.P.