Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday's Missives




  • You're a middle eastern zoo owner, what do you do when your original Zebras die (by starvation)? Why, you shave a couple of donkeys and paint them of course!



  • My dad loved Frankie Valley type falsetto high pitched singing.



  • I don't care anything about celebrities- I think it's a false waste of time and energy to assume we know anything about them and have favorites etc. but, it still bothers me to think of Heath Ledger and I'm not sure why although I have an idea. Watched The Dark Knight last night- very good, not great. Found it and Flags Of Our Fathers at a pawn shop like new for 2.50 each.



  • Left a patients home recently who was drowning in his own juices after a lifetime of smoking and his family was surprised. On the way home a woman who was texting while driving nearly hit me head on and a when I was just nearly home a steel gray (the same exact color as the rain/fog and pavement) minivan came out of the fog with its headlights off- I nearly turned into it, it just seemed to appear out of nowhere.



  • We are crazy.



  • All of that happened within about 11 minutes.



  • Stalin's grandson has sued a Russian newspaper for libel after an article about just a few of the atrocities he was responsible for and the defense of the paper was no slam dunk. There's a new nationalistic fervor brewing up around Stalin including replacing his name and image over sites where they had been removed after the fall.



  • This is bound to end well.

3 comments:

YM said...

Those poor zebras and donkies :(

Gia's Spot said...

Hate fog.
Glad you missed that van.
Ah Zebra's and donkeys all look alike once you paint them black and white!
"in her own juices" was a very descriptive phrase that left me with a horrible vision in my head..............of my mom.
Someone actually brought movies to a pawn shop? Hmmm they couldn't have gotten much? Desparate times/desparate measures.

Kathleen... said...

Glad you're ok, Chuppie! And, wow....that's sad (and stupid) of the zebra owners. =( I have no use for people who willingly cause animals pain. Pfft.

I love the Heat Miser.