Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snowy Thursday Missives






  • What happened to Rick Trevino? Couldn't get away from that guy in the 90s. I saw him live at Gruene Hall. I met Mary there- her dad was from Russia and mom from Mexico. When I first visited their house I thought they were having a family reunion- Russian and Mexican influences though, they simply could not help themselves getting together and being wild every weekend.


  • She had skinny legs, ginormous curly hair and only drank DR. Pepper.


  • My two best friends from those days have been dead for years.


  • Snow is only OK now- I'm officially old. Yes, I took my children out for a little while but, made no arguments when they got cold. The dog loved it but, I've heard Healers do.


  • An old, disabled man who trained coon and wolf dogs when I was a boy in Decatur told me,"Never buy a dog that stands there flat footed and pisses- they're dumb and aren't worth owning."


  • His name was Jesse.


  • I've never looked at a dog urinating the same as other people I bet since.

6 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Another fun fact to know and tell.

todd said...

I have a blue heeler that went running like a banshee in the snow today. And she hikes her leg to pee! No joke.

mzchief said...

Merry Christmas and continued blessings to you, your dear children and all those whom you love.

YM said...

Christmas blessings to you and the young Chups!

Gia's Spot said...

But don't get to old to play in the snow, the desert,the mountains or the ocean! Merry Christmas, Chup!

RPM said...

Rick Trevino got into a fight with Sony and they dropped him.

Merry Christmas