Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday's Dispatch







  • I don't like qualifying statements or explaining how/why I say the the things I say. People shouldn't try to be the mind readers readers we all try to be and read so much into simple statements made by others. Anyway, people will believe what they want to believe.



  • Zac loves the water- anywhere and anytime. He points it out as we drive down the road and pass a lake or drive across a river,"Dad, look water!" He went to Mineral Wells State Park when he was 6 weeks old and played in the lake. Never ceases to impress: times like that always seem 100 years ago and like yesterday in the same breath.



  • I need to get the 4 wheeler running again.



  • A waitress friend once got scolded by a customer when she wrote "H2o" on her order pad. "Dangit, girl I don't want no H2o or whatever that is- water, I want plain water and ain't payin' for nothin' else!"



  • He wasn't kidding.

6 comments:

mzchief said...

* Son mzchief has always had an overpowering fascination with water. My only advice, teach Zac to swim at a VERY early age and impress on him how very inappropriate it is for him to, without supervision/permission, take a bath/play in the tub. One of the most distressing moments of my life was standing in my master bath and observing water streaming out of my ceiling chandelier, running upstairs to find my 5 year old son in his tub wearing flippers, mask and snorkel with the water RUNNING and flowing over the side of the tub and about 2 inches deep in his bathroom.

* A wee bit of my heart breaks for people soooo ignorant they are unaware of common knowledge and a larger part of my soul weeps for civilization. Both lose more than can be calculated due to self-induced ignorance. My life has been made richer for having self-taught myself about the life of bees, why the sunset is sometimes pink, orange and purple, nutrition, human development/health, wilderness/sea survival, tile setting, plumbing, carpentry, cooking, economics, stained glass, guitar, religion, evolution of Earth and so on. I've made it a point to be the most useful person with whom to be stranded. Imagine how fantastic civilization would be if everyone learned some new discipline every year of their life.

I have always felt it was every person's obligation to humanity/society for each and everyone of us to be well educated and continue our education throughout our lives.

an Donalbane said...

I agree with you MZ, but I fear it's a tough sell to most in today's society. They're too self-absorbed in their video games and other mindless pursuits to actually do anything to expand their knowledge base.

But, then, I'm a curmudgeon...

el chupacabra said...

MZ- Marry me.

Don- as usual you're right and in this case- that fact saddens me to no end.

MarmiteToasty said...

Rushing out to buy a wedding hat :)

x

Ada said...

just one more reason I am happy I was never a waitress. :)

Gia's Spot said...

+mzchief, so eloquently posted!

+This has been the theme of my life since I turned thirty. My daughters are amazed daily at the "useless" knowledge I carry with me on subjects from A to Z. I have always tried to learn something new each day, even if its just a word!
+I have worked in many jobs throughout my life which enables me to see through many eyes!
+The best thing you can teach Zac is curiosity for everything and that it means jumping in with eyes wide open!
+How many people know that when a person is angry they produce more ear wax? see why would anyone need to know that? Yet now I have taught you something you may not have known! And so it spreads!
+ Noetic Science in it's simplest form!