Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions






  • I could go ga ga over Jamie Presley when she's in character as the trailer park mama Joy Turner on My Name Is Earl but, not so much in real life.



  • What is wrong with me?



  • Had an old television once that quit working- the trash guys don't pick them up, I didn't want to throw it in someone elses dumpster so what's a guy to do? TA DA! I'll take it apart down to smaller pieces, place it all in a garbage bag- the trash guys none the wiser carry it away and all will be good right? Sometimes the best laid plans go awry. Did you know there's a component in televisions called a capacitor and that said capacitor can hold a charge of 50,000 volts for a long time after the television has been unplugged?



  • I wish I knew that then.



  • Sarah Mcglachlan had one unbelievably awesome song and that was it- everything else she has done is terrible, I mean friends that bought that first album she put out needed post violation counselling.



  • When I was a kid all the rock groups albums had: one awesome signature song, one that was pretty OK, one that was kind of alright- sort of, the rest would be an awful, unlistenable mess.



  • Except for Rush and Kiss



  • A hundred years from now people will still be listening to Frank Sinatra.



  • The fastest I've ever been in a car is about 120 mph but, I've been in a race car that would get up to over 100 mph in about 4 seconds. In Germany I've ridden in a car going over 100 mph for over 2 hours. I've been 137 mph on a motorcycle.



  • What's it like going that fast on a bike? Telephone poles become a solid blur, you can't hear anything but your heart beating in your head, cars as soon as you see them ahead of you disappear behind, you get tunnel vision and all that is visible is straight ahead in the lane your in and that doesn't correct itself until you let off the throttle then your field of vision starts widening and you start hearing the roar of the wind.


  • I don't do it very often but, when my family is getting on each others nerves, things aren't going as well as I'd like, we are bored and stuck in a rut I make breakfast foods for dinner- it works every time.
  • "Want skin she can't wait to get her hands on?" "... cleans and hydrates your skin leaving it so pure she'll think she's the first one touch it."
  • From body soap bottle in my sons shower.


4 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I've seen a few motorcycle deaths as a patrol deputy. Please be careful if you plan to do this again.

FYI: I won't chase a motorcylce doing that fast. No car is designed to do that type of speed.

el chupacabra said...

Thanks for your kind heads up- I appreciate it. Even if I get another bike- those days are long gone.
Interestingly, I have a couple of cop friends who won't chase bikes in those situations because even if they don't wreck their units the bike will wipe out basically every time.

LandShark 5150 said...

Me goes ga-ga over J.P. too! But I heard her say once that character on Earl--is her. Me thinky Me likey even more. I went thru the rocket phase and it almost killed me -- I got very lucky. Traded to Harleys me still finds meself pushing it. Rode from Amarillo to Bowie with no hands, sparwled out across the passenger seat. WHAT A DIP-SHIT!

el chupacabra said...

Sharkie- ha, OK you went first: on my last rocket foray I broke my arm so bad Tom Laconey at Campbell Hospital in Weatherford said,"I've never seen a break like that in my life- I know it's going to hurt so I'm giving you the good stuff for pain medicine."

I broke the elbow clean off the other bones. From yhe wreck to the ER my elbow swelled as big as a grapefruit.