Monday, February 9, 2009

Mondays Missives




  • Wielded a sword the other day for the first time in my life.


  • OK, I held a sword and swung it around over my head like a goob.


  • Never been to Medieval Times but, I think that might be cool. One of my friends brother in law was a knight there- he broke his leg during a performance severely enough to disable him. He referred to that job as his career and lamented the accident for what it did to his career.


  • Really.


  • Saw on a documentary the other day as much as 10% of the population of America has at least one tattoo. That made me want one even less but, in the past I did have an idea for one that I thought I would get someday.


  • Hint: it involved a picture of my children and ex wife- good grief.


  • I know too many people who regret their tattoos. What about women who got their now universally derided tramp stamps back in the day? I know 3 different women who have their ex husbands/boyfriends name in theirs. Present husbands/boyfriends must feel real special.
  • One of my friends in college found a stun gun under the seat of an old car I was driving- I had never seen it before and don't know how/why it was there. He picked it up said,"I wonder if these things really work like they say they will?" activated it and touched it to his leg. It knocked him smooth out for a second and he had trouble with that leg for a little while afterward.

4 comments:

YM said...

I need a stun gun for the neighborhood I live in.

The Accomplice said...

I don't have a tattoo either. I have a feeling I would regret something like that. Its not like it washes off.

Your friend is a nut.

el chupacabra said...

Majesty: I hope if you need a stun gun you have a real gun at home and carry pepper spray. I know how you feel though- I used to live on NW 22nd street in Fort Worth. If not familiar, that would be the hood!

Accomplice: I know you are right about my old friend but, the funny/strange/crazy thing about that guy is he was the smartest person I've ever met- he double majored in Religion and Genetics and graduated in 3 years with two BAs and carried a 4.0.

YM said...

I have a 9 mm but I don't know how to work it which is probably more dangerous than not having a gun at all.

Incidently, until my divorce I lived in Weatherford. My daughter still lives there. She's a nurse too, but works at JPS.