Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sundays Sad Sundries

  • As I write this my nephews life support will be turned off in thirty minutes.
  • He was six months old.
  • He would have liked having me for an uncle and been proud of me- in spite of myself.
  • Odd loose association: after my head stopped spinning from the news a line from an old Neil Young song went through my mind: "There's one more kid that will never go to school Never get to fall in love, never get to be cool."
  • He will be in heaven before this day is over.
  • What could be worse than burying a child? I know the ancient Egyptians had an adage for how terrible it was to lose a child and I'll nearly bet that saying is predated by something a lot older from the Chinese, though I've never heard of it or read it- I just know it's that universal a sentiment.
  • I wish I could cry for him.
  • My words just aren't adequate but, looking for a picture to augment this post made it worse.
  • He sure brought a lot of happiness and sadness in a short amount of time.

7 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. No words can I say will ebb the feelings of your loss. This world is less this day and the Heavens above is greater. A child is what we all should long to be -- the wonder of possibilities, the beauty of acceptance of life. We are all in a shallower state of existence without your nephew and the innocence of youth. B.K.G.

el chupacabra said...

He's gone now.

Thanks, I needed to hear every word you wrote.

YM said...

I can't think of a thing to say except I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful nephew.

The Accomplice said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what your family is going through. I will pray for him.

Denney Crane said...

Please accept my most sincere condolences to you and your family. I will pray for ya'll.

If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask...

el chupacabra said...

Thank y'all I think I knew in the back of my mind it would help sort some feelings out if I expressed them in black and white. Also, guess I kind of knew would hear some encouraging words- no disappointment on that thought either.

I'm putting some thoughts and pics together which will be up after I get permission so we can be reminded what the worlds missing.

Demotivator said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have a son less than 2 years old, even the slightest thought of losing him would destroy me. My wife and kids are my life, without them there is nothing for me.

God always takes the best ones first, we should grieve for him, but also be thankful that he is now in our lord and savior's arms.