Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday's Digressions

Ha ha. Funny- not funny. Whatever. Listen fortune cookie. I'll lie to my friends and you lie to yours- lets not lie to each other. OK?
  • And yeah- whatever universe. Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back- picking on poor ole Kevin Dirt!?
  • We are crazy if we commit to doing away with the use of landmines in our warfighting.
  • Few things are more more disruptive to the enemy for there cost and labor than the lowly, dumb landmine.
    Remind me to tell you how to catch armadillos sometime.
  • I don't do well going long periods without sex. 
  • Honestly- I get headaches and backaches and act irritable.
    The cursed diamond- 4 marriages and counting. After its last divorce I had it mounted in white gold as an ear stud. I wear it when I am walking around as an incognito wide receiver - or aged/beloved Hollywood actor or somethin'. While he hasn't taken possession-my eldest son has claimed ownership.
  • We had a great time camping in Chickasaw Recreation Area. The kiosk where you pay by credit card- in the middle of the woods was a trip though.
  • The weather was miserable- 97 degrees and 78% humidity.
  • Stupefying.
  • The mosquitoes were in full effect.
  • Abualitas in Sulfur is pretty good but oddly different from the Mexican places I eat at just 2 hours south. Everything reads the same on the menu but is subtly different when it gets to the table.
  • The taxidermised bison in the nature center at CRA lived at the recreation area and died of old age. He was in his 20s. Bass Pro Shop handled the mounting.
    This is I think- the 5th geocaching site I have found- and I don't geocache.
  • I love the way a friendly acquaintance from Colombia says year and you as jeer and jew.
  • When I teased her gently about it she said, Oi Keveen. OK you makeeng fon ahv-ah me? OK I shange. No more jeer or jew I will say... ye...ar and y....e, yewww.... oh well- jew know what I mean! You want me to shange?!
  • I laughed until I hyperventilated causing her to start ad libbing and lay it on even more thickly. Because I canna shange. Jew know- no? And I wheel if jew want it me too! Eyeee shaaaange Keh-veen! Keh-veen- jew wont it me to shaaaaange?!
  • Don't change a thing you crazy Colombian hot mess. Dont change a thing.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Hunting bison, either with bow or a pre-1900 style single-shot rifle, is on my bucket list.

My Español-speaking acquaintances say that I have very good pronunciation of their palabras. Sometimes, I will also use the same linguistic pronunciation as you described, as well as 'lisping' the 's' sound in certain Spanish words, e.g. 'Barthelona'. I always forget which regions/dialects do or don't use the 'θ' coronal fricative.