Monday, March 26, 2018

Monday's Missives

True breakfast of champions.

  • My nursing buddy is beautiful but she uses filters on her pics to make her face look more slender and ostensibly more beautiful-er or whatever. For some reason I'm physically repulsed when she shows me her pictures.
  • Why? There is something there I am not smart enough to discern but it is true- those manipulated pics physically revolt me slightly and I'll avert my gaze to something else in her pictures.
    A well intentioned person among us does not know how to spell.

  • Someone in an another clinic who happens to be a friendly aquaintence was recently fired. He had no warning. One day he was there, then the next his office was empty and I heard all of his personal belongings were boxed up.
  • My guess is he was either the victim of a petty vendetta or guilty as sin of some sort of heinous crime.
    A pic I did not take of my decrepit office chair back. Hours after I left the office that image was there until I opened the camera then it disappeared.
  • Yesterday 03/21/2018 I went to lunch with a nursing buddy. She does not like olives so she offered me one out of her salad. It was a grape! I thought I was going to go into toxic shock or something. It was so weird- expecting an olive but it's a grape?!
    I presume there was a point to be made but I have no idea why I took this picture.
  • I also have no idea what just happened to the FONT size up there.
  • Humans by and large do not act like we want to survive as a species.
  • When I was a kid we had a dog named Lil Lady. She once raised a litter of kittens after a litter of pups she had were stillbirthed. One or two kittens died but two or three lived. Her story would have gone viral but sadly- memes were still decades away. As a bonus we also had an ancient Siamese cat named Dean who got in on the act and would groom the kittens.
  • Lady died under the old house birthing a later litter. I can see my mom crying over the death and telling me that I would have to be the one to go under there and drag her out as plainly as I can see this phone.
  • It was also up to me to bury her. After doing the best I could- the grave was still too shallow and neighborhood dogs dug her up and ate the body while scattering everything they did not consume all over the back yard.
    You're either a middle-aged dude or a 10 year old boy when you go out for a walk and find a bunch of softball shags and it's like winning the lottery.
  • It is 0420 AM and a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a Dr. Pepper sounds awesome and amazing
  • The previous point was not a weed joke.
  • Old joke from my kidhood days: I don't remember how it was set up but you put 2 or 3 cigarette filters with the paper pulled off in a person's closed fist and then pour nail polish remover in there. You tell the punchline and have them open their hand. The filters will have turned into something resembling ejaculate.
  • Yeah we played with real cigarette components and volatile solvents.
  • And yeah- we thought ejaculate jokes were funny when I was a 10 or maybe 12 year old boy.

4 comments:

Mike M. said...

I remember some cats around the house, but the memory is too far removed for me to ascertain the details, so I'm not sure if it's the car you're referring to.

I've also experienced that weird cognitive dissonance when I drank some water that was camouflaged as Sprite!

For boys, at least, I thought ejaculate jokes were supposed to always be funny regardless of age?

el chupacabra said...

Hey Mike. The cat I was thinking of was named Freckles. She was a real busy looking Calico. She was also very long-lived. So you might remember her. There was also black and white brother and brother combo who are her kittens that we had around for years.
The cat named Dean lived for 19 plus years and died in about 1980? There is every chance that any memories you have of a cat might involve him also. He died of cancer at a rent house while my mom's new houses being built.

an Donalbane said...

Love the Taco Cabana - used to grab a box of breakfast tacos for the staff when I worked Saturday mornings.

I probably have a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket of various found base/soft/golf/tennis -balls.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- Our Cabana is kinda hit and miss both in food quality and service so my loyalty is likewise- hit and miss.
We walk both the college and city park field areas so I accumulate tonna balls. A coworker plays soft and baseball and coaches kids so they go to a good home.