Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts


  • The workers at my breakfast place often step out of the kitchen wearing sweatshirts and other warm clothing. I presume they keep the kitchen cooler than other restaraunts as the owners still work back there.
  • There is a guy I see sometimes walking around Weatherford. He is super tall and impossibly skinny. He is always staring at a point on the ground about 6 feet in front of him as he walks.
  • There is something about him. He just emanates-a warning sign: Stay Away! Danger!
  • My kids grandfather was both a NFR competitor and judge.
  • It is weird the way Army-speak and Army-think follow you around. Recently I referred to a valley I hiked as a bowling alley [the unofficial/official military term for vehicularly passable valleys]. I caught what I did at the time and explained it- but it was a little weird.
  • Vehicularly is a word?! That just doesn't look right but I blurted it out and my spell-check didn't seem impressed or offended.
  • No one could make fried chicken livers like my mom. I mean holy smokes- they were amazing.
  • I have never owned a red car.
  • My present pick up is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned- I drive it hard and long and do nothing to maintain it. It just goes and goes 
  • If the universe has taught me nothing else it is that I just jinxed myself and might as well get ready to be stranded by that dumb thing somewhere.

5 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I was watching a Discovery-style show the other day where a guy makes medieval armor for re-enactors and movies. He starts with 14 gauge steel sheets, cutting parts with a cutting torch, then hammers them to shape before using a pneumatic planishing hammer. He gets about $4500 for a complete outfit.

Daughter and I went to the Samurai exhibit at the Kimbell in 2014, which was awesome. I would totally dig making a hybrid Samurai/knight armor.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don I'm going to look that show up.
And dang- I remember that exhibit. There were billboards with Samurai! on them and a pic of a armor suit.
That hybrid idea COULD work I think and be cool but did you ever see the guy at Scarborough Fair that did that? He did not pull it off...

an Donalbane said...

I'm not sure I remember that SRF outfit...will have to look for it next month.

If I make some armor, I want it to look epic, not goofy.

el chupacabra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
el chupacabra said...

Ha yeah I'm a big enough of a goof without making it worse. I'm sure you'll see him and know who it is I'm talking about. He's been there the last two to three years.