Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday's Missives

Best dog ever.

  • Recently somebody that I could have been interested in flirted me up a little bit. While I did not exactly go in for the kill- the intrigue did cause me to lean in and act more interested. Predictably, she was selling snake oil on the side and was only trying to separate me from my money.
  • Chick, why didn't you just say, Hey, I have this GREAT product I'm selling to support my family that could really help you?!
  • It would have probably gone in the trash (years from now when I got tired of looking at it in the pantry) but I would have given you money because you are selling something to support your family and I would hope people would do the same for me were I in your position.
  • The daughter of my neighbor is a spastic handful. I love him for the way he deals with her.
  • Patience- the only thing in this universe that the more we use- the more we have.
  • In the time during and following World War II my dad had several girlfriends whom he took pictures of- or with in France, Germany, Belgium or England. These pics were kept in the family album along with my baby pictures and all the other milestones. Some of the women were kinda plain and some strikingly beautiful. The weird thing? I thought we were sort of related to each of them and even as a kid I had an odd affection for them and would innocently ask where they were at that time and why we hadn't we met them and could we go see them and so on.
  • Maybe weirder- I still feel more or less the same way in a nostalgic sense and if any are still alive I hope the best for them as their lives wind down.
  • I kept hearing about a song that Ed Sheeran did that is used for weddings. Predictable, simplistic and derivative were the first words that came to mind when I finally heard it. Really, it is baaaaaaaad but we're living in a time when we simply don't know any better or even if we do- we're not supposed to say anything.
  • It is one thing if you reach out to people when you're feeling bad and down and they don't respond to you when you feel like the world doesn't care or whatever but recently I said, "Hello" to somebody by text and they replied back causing me to then say to myself, Why even bother to reply...?
  • For real- I never said anything back at all when she replied. 
  • It is 1237 on 03/16/2018 as I write this and it is maybe as perfect a day weather-wise as I have ever seen. It is sunny and slightly breezy with this very subtle, intermittent coolness. It is perfect.
  • Family on my childrens flesh-mother side used the non-word, retched  for the past tense of reach...
  • Should have been a warning. 

No comments: