Saturday, August 13, 2016

Saturday's Soliloquy

Image result for navy unifomr meme
US Navy uniforms are blue because... ocean?
  • The movie Elysium doesn't get much love but so far- so good.
  • This morning I saw an ex girlfriend.  She was walking ahead of me and turned a corner as I rounded one behind her. I don't think she saw me. 
  • Two ships passing in the night  morning.
  • A friendly aquaintance had to go to rehab and has been gone for 2 or 3 weeks. I hope for the best but fear the worst as she probably doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to drive on and face down her demons nor does she have a very good support system.
  • When somebody says, It is isn't about the money- it is the principle of the issue! I know they are either straight up lying or deluded about the way the world works. 
  • It is always about the money.
  • PS: I know the USN's blueberry uniforms are (or will be soon) a thing of the past. That doesn't stop the thought with that pic from being funny.
  • I am leaving Zac at home for short periods of time and having him go into stores by himself to get things for us- although I do not have to do either. Some things you just do because you should. Even if you cannot exactly elucidate why- some things are important.
  • This morning (08/07/2016) I saw a bumper sticker for Triple Cross Cowboy Church which made me (and most anybody else) at first glance think of something that is one degree worse than a double cross. 
  • Yes, I know what they meant. I am a vile reprobate- not a total heathen.
  • Odd fact about me: Except for KZEW The Zoo and Q102 Texas Best Rock! window stickers I have never put a sticker on one of my vehicles.
  • Another: I have a small stack of original Q102 window stickers. They are at least 30 years old and cool. You can be cool too- if you have a hundred bucks.

No comments: