Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions

If you don't like The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension I'm afraid you can't be my special friend anymore.

  • What I'm listening to: Stone Sour Made Of Scars.

  • An old friend died yesterday at three o'clock in the morning. I wish I'd known him better- we knew each other through mutual acquaintances. Oddly, I've had him on my mind a lot lately. A recent patient collected Dr. Pepper memorabilia and so did he. Also he was real big on all things Irish so he crossed my mind on St. Patrick's day. He was HIV positive for years and sick with AIDS for a while and so I knew he could be in bad shape and really meant to get in touch to see if I could help...

  • Good intentions.

  • Sadly, people where he worked shunned him and some were openly cruel. He was a good guy- smart, funny, caring and interesting. They didn't know what they were missing by being so ugly. Not that I cared, but people looked down on me for interacting with him when I'd be in his office building conducting business.

  • I try not to use any kind of bad language and especially here where it's public and permanent, but the greatest last words ever for a condemned prisoner? "Kiss my ass."- John Wayne Gacy.

  • Epic.

7 comments:

Paxford said...

oooh Buckaroo - you'll know you've really made it in the world if he offers you a spot in the band :D

Pax
[scaring non-geeks for decades now :D]

el chupacabra said...

Hey Paxilicious

A tumultuous quote from Buckaroo: "You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to. "

Opus #6 said...

I am very much against bullying, and that is what the coworkers were doing to this poor man. Your interactions with him show your bravery and character. May his soul rest in peace.

RPM said...

I enjoyed Buckaroo Bonzai, but never really understood it.

el chupacabra said...

O- thanks. Good to hear from you.

R- You're right. The fact it didn't seem to make sense sometimes is what cracked me up.

Mango's Madness said...

Buckaroo is my favorite movie. It is nice to know that others like it as much. As for your friend, kuddos to you for being a friend. Those that belittled him will do the same thing as him, die alone, as we all do.

Mango

RPM said...

Guess what movie came on last night? I got a kick outa spotting all the cameos.