Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mondays Missives









  • I find it a little annoying when people go on about "An exciting new wine" they have just tried and use words like "Tart" "fruity" "airy" and "bold" to describe its taste while also reporting on any aftertaste and/or lack thereof while being reluctant to mention its buzz properties.




  • If it did not alter your consciousness you could not give that stuff away.




  • Had already been formulating ideas for my teenage sons vehicle when I read about a Decatur TX high school student dying in a wreck on her way to school.




  • Now, either he drives a Tahoe sized vehicle with a 6 point roll cage until he has some experience or he doesn't drive.




  • Hold me to this- I'm not kidding.




  • Can't play tennis or softball anymore and that bums me like nothing else I've lost in my whole life.



  • I was a stud at both.

2 comments:

Kasie said...

I remember when I turned 16 my parents bought me a 1982 4 door Oldsmobile. That car was made of steel!! I didn't like it at first because it was SO big but after a while I was just thankful they even bought me a car. I called it my "hoopty hoop" My dad refused to buy me anything compact, or cool beause he was afraid of the same thing.

Anonymous said...

KC- I recall in the past people saying they bought their teen drivers a small underpowered car so they,"Wouldn't feel invincible and would be more careful..."
Yes, I face palmed.

-Kev