Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Sunday Situation Report




    A search for "alligator pic" yielded one of my type of woman and one of a dude that's waaaay too ecstatic over catching an alligator gar




  • A old friend of mine had legs- not exceptionally long maybe, but very tan. One day she was in the passenger seat of my car with her shoes off and feet up on the dash. As I was driving I noticed a delivery van that was passing suddenly slow and keep pace with my vehicle. I glanced over and there was some creepy lookin' dude staring down at her legs. He looked up at me long enough to get a surprised look on his face then go right back to staring at her lower extremities like he couldn't take his eyes off them. I don't know how he did it without crashing- I had to go back to driving and quit worrying about him.
  • Nothing to it I guess, but it was creepy. He was honestly even creepy looking.
  • I say dude a lot.
  • A woman came into the tire store recently with three English Bulldogs on leashes. One was named Rockefeller, another Bentley and the other for the life of me I can't remember.
  • I'm sorry doggy number three.
  • If you have the means when your tires are anywhere near needing to be replaced buy an entire set of four and rotate them every 6 to 8 thousand miles then replace those four when it's time. It's a lot safer, they'll last longer and by looking for a sale as they are nearing the end of their life span it will come out cheaper than buying singles in emergencies. I cannot remember the last time I had a flat except for a bad road hazard a few years ago.
  • I do this every time I buy a used car.
  • Your unsolicited vehicular tip for the day.
  • A Marine who had been stationed in California told me tonight their firing ranges would have to shut down for bison that had wandered onto the range.
  • Would never have guessed.
  • Weirdest thing I've ever seen on a military range? A shootout between game wardens in a pickup and thieves/poachers on motorcycles.
  • Honestly.
  • Good guys and bad that night didn't know they came closer to dying by our tanks than shooting it out with each other. A tank crew in my company identified the wardens truck as a truck target and had called out,"Gunner! 50 cal truck 600 meters!" and they were just about to fire when a cease fire was called over the radio.
  • Took Zac and Chloe fishing yesterday. Chloe caught her first two fish. I had Zac help with the bait by picking worms so I could focus on getting her some fish.
  • He was very understanding and even philosophical about it- he said,"I'm the worm and she's the fisher."

No comments: