Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday's Dispatch





  • Zac made me a card recently that involved a lot of glitter- glitter that was not especially glued down well. It got on everything- my car looks like I've been carrying around The North Texas Stripping Team.


  • I had a patient who was put on 24 hour crisis nursing for suicide precautions. Yes, continuous care nursing was activated for a hospice patient to keep him from killing himself. He was lonely, detached and off a couple of meds that separately are no good for a depressive person to stop suddenly- but are very, very troubling to stop together. My nursing buddy caught that and persuaded him to resume them. I was proud of her and with that and a little TLC he was good to go. He had no one in this world, but she and I.


  • Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff: what I'm reading. An interesting, well researched book on a person who has been one of my favorite historic persons since I was a pre teen reader. I'll talk more about her later, but I promise you- without some effort to learn the truth, I assure you everything you think you know about her is wrong.
  • I am proud of my kids and will give them full credit for their successes and accept that a lot of what they are and will become good is in spite of me.


  • Zac has started soccer and I'm the unofficial assistant coach- for 7 under four year old boys. It's like trying to herd cats.
  • Saliva Always.

2 comments:

RPM said...

I've always heard the popular version of Cleopatra was way off base.

You need to get a small cheap HD videocam like a Camelio and record those practices. They will be gold years from now.

Anonymous said...

R- You're right on the video camera idea- need to make that happen.

Yeah- she did not look like what we think. It is very, VERY unlikely she died the way we think. She was a smart capable leader (with lots of bad luck) not a harpie who destroyed her nation. People freak over the creepiness of her marriage to her brothers when every branch of the royal family practiced same. Interestingly, she did not consumate those realtionships and likely only had sex with two men in her life- Gaius Julius Ceasar and Marcus Antonius.
kev