Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday's Missives



  • My 16 year old will have an associates degree completed by the time he graduates high school. Maybe youth isn't wasted on young people.

  • Zacs new thing- he asks for,"An orange juice to go please." when leaving a restaurant.

  • At Bridgeport Lake yesterday I was surrounded by my sister's family- outlaws and in laws as we say. A thunderstorm was forming clouds old timers called thunderheads and it was about a billion degrees. If it was sensitive, private, inaccessible and on me- it was coated in sand. I pulled a muscle towing a nephew on a boogie board. Zac said he was going to pee by the car, but when I turned to cover him he dropped his shorts and took a growler forcing me to find a sack and pick it up and throw it away. I also got some doo-doo on my hand helping him wipe his hiney with a Jack In The Box napkin. And I was content- incredibly content, surrounded by people who didn't choose me, but love me in spite of myself.

  • At least two women at the apartments has looked at me, down at Zac, up to my ring hand and back up to me and said,"He's so cuuuuute!" or "Y'all look adorable together."

  • When I see a guy in an Army uniform I feel incredibly jealous.

  • Workouts are coming along great. I'm on target to look pretty sick by Christmas if I don't injure myself. I'm already coming out of shirts which were tight-ish to start with. I've advanced enough if I miss my workout I feel bad, can't sleep and get irritable. I'm not fully sure why that happens- it's somewhat psychological I'm sure, but there is a physiological component as well.

  • Fort Worth Museum Of S and H is great following the remodel and all the new exhibits, but like lunches- there's no free parking.
  • My new favorite song- Neon Trees Animal.

1 comment:

RPM said...

FWMSH is a great place! I haven't been there since the remodel.