Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Rumors Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Unrelated pic- the dude just continues to rawk!

  • I was tragically involved a very, sorta serious accident this morning after work. It's just as well- I was wanting a new vehicle anyway and had been kinda looking around for a used Jeep although, after seeing what a 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins diesel did to Littlecar with near impunity I may look for a 3/4 ton Dodge...

  • Why bother mentioning it was a diesel? Oh, I'm sorry imagine my embarrassment- I left the best part out didn't I? Thankfully, she had the presence of mind to floor the thing right before she T-Bone'd me. It was awesome.

  • I'll put pics up soon.

  • Your PSA- cuz I care, dawg: keep cell phones charged, buckle your seat belts and even when you have right of way- visually clear to your left and right before passing through an intersection.

  • Littlecar came to rest on a school lawn.

  • Would've been awful.

  • As in- it skidded across a sidewalk kinda awful.

  • The first thing she mentioned (well- nearly) when she and I spoke? "I barely had money left over from my Social Security check to pay my insurance this month, but I know it's paid." And this classic,"My husbands been dead now for a little over three years now, I don't know what to do about all this- normally he would have handled something like this."

  • Oh, that's the game huh? A little hard ball maybe?

  • I felt bad for how terrible she felt.

  • I'm still picking glass out of skin and clothes.

  • I hope she's totalled (Littlecar I mean not the lady who smashed me).

  • Either a very nice Jeep or really decent Dodge 3/4 ton quad cab might be nice.

  • Huh- funny, 3/4 came out #?$.

  • Ha.

  • Did I mention I hit my head?
  • Updates to follow.

9 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Oh no! hope you are well?

YM said...

Thank goodness you're okay and none of your children were with you! (at least I am assuming they weren't since you'd been at work.)

el chupacabra said...

Hey thanks ya'll. I'm hurtin' for certain, but I guess I'll live. Truly- thank God my children weren't with me.

Blue Angel said...

So, sorry to hear of your accident ,pray that your not injured too bad ,yes and thank goodness children weren;t with you as they are lighter and could have been throw around .Hope you get replacement car ,jeep,truck soon ! How will you get to work now ?

mzchief said...

I am glad you can look on the bright side of a wreak. Of course a 3/4 ton Dodge can make anything look better. My Mr. has a 4X$ 3/4 ton Dodge diesel and loves it. He says, he saves on the cost of fuel with the diesel mileage even though diesel costs more than gasoline. I am not certain I believe him but he does love his Dodge.

I just hope the old woman does not replace her auto. The only thing that finally made my M-I-L give up her keys was to total her land yacht. Thank heaven she did not injure/kill the woman she pulled in-front of who had just dropped off 4 children at elementary school

an Donalbane said...

Glad you're OK!

Glad to see the bear suit finally made it to publication.

Say, what happened to this morning's post? Ya know, about the woman and the breasts...as a humanitarian, isn't there something you can do for her to ease her pain and suffering?

RPM said...

Holy cow dude! Glad you're OK.

I was t-boned once and they did the same thing. I can still remember the sound of that 4 barrel kicking in right before he hit me.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're okay!!

MarmiteToasty said...

oh my goodness, just glad you seem to be ok.... in a weird un ok sorta way :)

x