Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions



  • I love Community a funny, funny, sweet show that found it's way very quickly.

  • My daughter has a hoss of an immune system- she's 8 and as I seem to recall has been sick once, but you know, I'm not even sure of that.

  • No lie.
  • Yesterday morning my oldest called me and said,It's National Pie Day, can you bring some pies to school?" Hmmm, very suspect- the first I'd heard of this and you wake me out of a sound sleep to ask that of me? I think it was a trick- I see him saying to a group of teenage boys,"Y'all want some pie? Watch this!"

  • The joke has always been why can't help me ladies in the nursing homes at least have a more pleasant voice- instead of the Godawful unnatural shriek they all seem to have- no matter where you go? Uh- uh, the resident help me lady at the last nursing home I worked actually and I'm not making this up- sang her help me out in a very pleasant singing voice. It was the work of The Devil. It was nauseatingly nerve wracking. I mean, I tried to end it all by jumping out a window while caring for her neighbor.

  • Too bad the home was only a single story.

2 comments:

Ada said...

National Pie Day? I hope it isn't true and that he made it up because if so...that is freaking hilarious. He's a genius. :)

mzchief said...

You were punked. National Pie Day is January 23rd.

Son Chup is AWESOME!