Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday's Missives




    Brain teaser puzzle: find the elephant.


  • I loooove Mixed Martial Arts. People think because Herschel Walker won his debut it shows the sorry state of MMA. Yes, when they put known people in fights it's done against a man with decent stats who is otherwise possibly ready for a fall, but he wasn't all that weak- he's a pretty bad man for 47 years of age.



  • Was it always pronounced I Heart_____ or was that changed to reflect how it actually looks on the bumper sticker?



  • Since the ZOO and Q102 are gone I haven't seen the need to have a bumper sticker. ; )



  • Oh, that reminds me- somewhere I have a stack of Q102 stickers- the one with the horse hooved, winged robot stereo monster.



  • You know I'm cool.



  • The world is a small place- my last case's housekeeper was a favorite long ago nursing home patient's daughter. He was a very high ranked person in his states government with a doctorate so it was doubly sad for the family and hard on him when he started losing his mental capacity. I took him under my wing a little and we would play pool in the family room and he would walk with me carrying labs and paperwork to other parts of the building. We would also dine often during my lunch hour because being around all the sloppy eaters bothered him so he would not eat and began losing weight.



  • He called me his,"benefactor".


  • I think he was the first patient I actually loved.

  • Darius Rucker Let Her Cry- acoustic.

3 comments:

YM said...

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/723784209
mr brightside acoustic

an Donalbane said...

Chup, that chick looks over done.

Used to see a ton of the KZEW and Q102 (née KFWD) back in the day, and also at one time had a buncha elephant stickers "Rot Your Mind".

Here's an interesting archive of old Metroplex stations to peruse while you drink horchata and listen, in 2010 to Piolín por la Mañana:

http://www.dfwradioarchives.com/1974.htm

Ada said...

Well it just sounds cuter when you say "I heart..." Just so you know. It is even cuter if you make a heart sign with your two hands. I'm doing it now but you can't see it. So there you have it...if you are worried about being super cute...I just taught you how. ha haa

I love myself a little Darius. Thanks!