Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday's Dispatch



    While exploring Mineral Wells State Park Zac rounded a corner then came running back to me saying,"A snake, daddy! Daddy- a snake!" I found this little fella around the corner instead of the tree branch or whatever I thought he may have mistook for a serpent.


  • I have no use for a dog- too expensive and too much trouble if cared for properly and I'm not pathetic enough to need one for company.



  • Not yet.



  • On that subject: two things I really don't understand are people who buy another person a pet and folks who buy pets as a fad after seeing them on a movie. Crazy, absolutely crazy.



  • It was unbelievably windy yesterday. My first thought was should go buy a kite, but I bet it was too windy for that.



  • Multiple people have told me I'd like Gran Torino. I'm afraid it may be because they view me as a crusty old guy barking at people to, Get offa my lawn!



  • I do have a decent lawn though and I've driven a Gran Torino.


  • "Do you know how to change an air conditioner filter?" Last text message I received.


  • Definitely a trick, but yes, yes I do know how to change an air conditioner filter.



  • Take it away Marilyn- Marilyn Manson Dope Show.


  • Or, if you prefer Hugh Laurie as I assure you, you've never seen him before if your knowledge of him extends from Stuart Little to House MD.
  • My company pays for connecting good people with them for jobs- a surprising amount, I mean kinda close to a lot. I just wanted good people to work for us to make my job easier, but OK I'll take that.
  • And that.
  • Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

mzchief said...

* I have never not had a dog. For me, having a dog is not about, merely, having a companion. I enjoy training and caring for a creature that absolutely depends on me and loves me for it. Hmmmmm...sounds a lot like marriage...*LOL*

* Here is another video of Hugh Laurie like you have NEVER seen him.

* I love flying kites. I have 3 kites. My favourite is a large box kite. I also have a giant 12ft delta wing kite and a stunt kite. Yesterday was MUCH too windy to fly kites. If you are really interested in kites you should take a look at Into The Wind Kites.

Have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week.

YM said...

Thank goodness your little one ran back to tell you instead of exploring further!

I am pathetic enough to enjoy the company of my dog.

an Donalbane said...

Very strange video - I much prefer Vincent Furnier to Brian Warner...

Gia's Spot said...

I was almost pathetic enough to contemplate a dog for companionship....
That Hugh Laurie video from MzChief, was hysterical..
I hate, no really I hate, snakes....
Hope you treated someone special to an ice cream with your newfound wealth! (If not I can send my address....)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I was not pathetic enough to need one for company, either, but there I was, living at 1840 E Lancaster, just blocks from the Presbyterian Night Shelter. Sure, I had plenty of visitors, and a couple squares a day. Folks would walk past, look into my cage and point.

Finally, this guy comes by. Maybe not the hippest dude, but he brings his family back the next day, and they seem OK, and they seemed to like me. After some minor surgery, they took me to their house.

Some of the family left about a year later.

Still, he talks to me, makes pretty good food, and takes me for bike rides every now and then. And every couple of weeks, most of the family comes over for a couple of days.

I guess I'll keep him.

- The Donald's dog

MarmiteToasty said...

I to love flying kites...... AND I did buy my friend a chicken for her birthday..... :( but then, no one understands me anyways lol

Even though I would quite like a dog, not for company though but I really cant be arsed LOL I dont do dog poo.....

And as regards the snake, I would be hanging round you neck like a scarf if I happened upon it lol

Hope your weekend has been smashing..... we are in the midst of glorious sunshine in jolly ole :)

x

el chupacabra said...

Hey y'all "Mystery, all of my life has been a mystery..." Lulz- that was funny I nearly fell out of my seat.
One thing wanted to say- don't like qualifying what I say normally since really too nice for my own good usually and always far from malevolent however, really meant to revise how my opinion on 'man's best friend' came across: could have been interpeted as mean- glad it wasn't.

And your right- still not 3 years old and to spot Mr. Sneaky Snake fairly well hidden like that AND come back to tell dad instead of poking it in the eye with an index finger? I'm impressed.

Will someone tell me in very simple terms hot to embed a video?

Anonymous said...

Chup, most videos, (e.g. YouTube) have two boxes, either at the end of the video, or off to the right or below. One is the URL, so you can link it, the other is the embed code, which you can copy and paste into your blogger edit pane. Sometimes it's kind of camouflaged and you have to hunt for it.