Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday's Dispatch


Zac and cousin apparently heading out to track down Pancho Villa or somethin'.






  • Old movie loving friends whom I had considered to have good taste told me Anaconda isn't as bad as people say and I should give it a try. I've never been able to make myself do it- sounds like a trap.





  • It is pulled up on Crackle.com as I write this to watch though. Maybe when I go back it will be froze up and I'll have to abandon it totally. It looks like Jennifer Lopez on the ad for it. She and Eva Mendez must rank at the very top of not hot- hot women in the world.





  • Considered sleeping outside last night on the trampoline- no tent. The snow on the ground this morning actually made me wish even more that I had. (written 2-23-10) I have no idea what the weather will be doing when this posts- probably a billion degrees.





  • My children's dog is afraid of the sound of a soda can opening. OK, so someone must have shot him with a BB gun, but he's skittish of even the sight of the can when you pull one out.




  • Anti war people are wrong about a lot of assumptions they make from them being fought largely by blacks or whites who have no other alternative (or that their service isn't superior to the alternatives they do have ), but foremost and this is a real big biggy- Violence has solved lots of things.


  • Scientists at Roches Genentech lab in Cali have determined smoking mutated 50,000 genes in a 51 year old man.


  • Amazing.

4 comments:

Ada said...

I double love the pic.

Think your friends have been talking to prankster pie day son...a trap it is.

YM said...

I had never thought about it before, but you're right, violence has solved problems.

Propagandist said...

Think about all the problems that have been prevented just by the threat of violence as long as there was the assurance of following through with the threat.

My parents threatening to beat my ass and me knowing they would, kept me out of a lot of trouble. The Russians knowing the US would bomb them to glass kept them in line. North Korea knowing the US wont do a damned thing is why NK keeps making nukes and sinking South Korean naval vessels. I'm all for using violence to prevent and solve problems.

el chupacabra said...

Ada- Yeah- I've been getting punked at multiple levels lately. I'm getting soft in my old age.

My Queen! How's life?

Props- Thanks as always- good comments