Friday, May 28, 2010

How Did I Miss This? Did I Forget?

Anyway, this is proof of how I absolutely do not anything about celebrities personal lives and think it's a bit odd how people get so worked up over famous people they do not know and in fact really know nothing about - except what that part of the world wants them to know.

Ebert has been battling cancer which as I understand started in his thyroid. Regarding his death he says the following.




"I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. What I am grateful for is the gift of intelligence, and for life, love, wonder, and laughter. You can't say it wasn't interesting. My lifetime's memories are what I have brought home from the trip. I will require them for eternity no more than that little souvenir of the Eiffel Tower I brought home from Paris." Wikipedia from a personal journal entry.

No comments: