Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Post Storm Post

  • It's 053 and 15 seconds as I write this in my notebook.
  • Home computer knocked out by storm so I'm at the library with people looking at Hot Or Not and Bootycall.com while wearing mismatched military uniforms or unintentionally retro clothing.
  • Somebody stinks.
  • The guy next to me thinks he smells good- it's just strong. Where did you find Hai Karate anyway, dude?
  • For better or worse my life is half over at best.
  • I'm OK with that.
  • Zac went to sleep with me last night. I was about to put a shirt on to sleep in and changed my mind so he could feel the skin of my chest against his cheek when I carried him to his own bed.
  • He smiled when I said,"Daddy's got you." even though he was dead asleep.
  • I went out on the back porch on the way to the car to get my notebook and the kitten my teenage son rescued was way too quiet in his box inside the dog kennel I put him in for protection.
  • My heart sank.
  • "Ah man." I said out loud which caused her to stir around.
  • There was a toad sitting beside the kennel that looked ready to explode from gorging on June bugs. He didn't move an inch- just impassively watched me walk by.
  • It was sprinkling.
  • I turned the hall light on to look in on my daughter. Pink bedspread, pink flowers in a brown vase with pink polka dots and to top everything off a closet full of pink clothes.
  • She likes pink.
  • She got into trouble and had to go to bed early last night.
  • Not without screaming, crying and kicking first.
  • She is a monster but, looks angelic sleeping.
  • I returned a movie borrowed from my son that he had rented himself.
  • How did that happen?
  • Yesterday he was colicky at 3 AM and he and I went to 7-11 got coffee and drove around until dawn in the Camaro I drove in college and then I got ready for work.
  • Is that the craziest part of our story? Or yesterday when your 2 year old brother handed me tools while saying,"I halper!" when I was doing a brake job on the car bought for you?

5 comments:

YM said...

Yes, they grow up scary fast.

Ada said...

I love it when they smile in their sleep. It may very well be one of the sweetest things.

MarmiteToasty said...

You blink and your time with them is almost over...

Im way way past halfway through my life.... that to is ok...

Grabbing the bursting toad to make 'toad-in-the-hole' for super...

Baby cheeks on parents skin.....Mmmmmmmmm MMmmm I miss those times..

I often wonder what it would of been like to have a daughter and to be surrounded by pinks and mauves and all things girlie..... even though I dont 'do' pink for me, I love those that do....instead I have been surrounded by 'boyness' lol..... I was scared to have a daughter because of how my mother was towards me... but I know now that I would of made a great mother to a daughter....

I remember those colicky nights and the driving around the country lanes in the dark...

I think you need a British nanny LOL I work for food and board lmfao...

Dam, Ive missed this blob this past week or so...

x

Miss_proper said...

I love the way you talk about your kids... you are a great dad.

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine phentermine online scams - phentermine kidney stones